Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Nah my old man wasn't a hoon. But he has owned a 289 XR olive green Fairmont, and a XA 302 bright orange stocker and a 5L VB duck****e green stocker...any of which would be a clean ride nowadays.

Actually, he's 65 and his daily is a 2wd hilux, bright yellow with a Toyota 3.8L V8 straight gas, engineered. And drives like your nana!!! The opposite of hoon I guess.

VP_Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Yep, hell of a hoon my old man was. Once bought a brand new GTS Monaro and within a few months drove it through someones garage while drunk of his face. 10k worth of damage (not including the car) back then.

Oh and once of his fav tricks used to be throwing handbrake 180's in the middle of the street if he saw soemthing on the side of the road that he jsut passed :S

Took my VL Turbo out for a drive shortly after i got it and ran out of road trying to see how fast he could get it. Haha, i swear, that VL suffered more at his hands than it ever has at mine.

RIP Dad :(

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
im the only one in my family who likes cars.

Cody

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator / HQ 5.0L Tonner
mine used to be a hoon, his sensible sally now..
he had a few original ford gt's and a pretty insane xc fairmont at one stage

he told us a story about when he had his xc, he lined up at a set of lights and one of those brand new sigma turbos rocked up at the lights and wanted a race, so away they went, dad won but it turns out that the cops had been given a bunch of these sigmas as undercover cars, turns out it was one of them ahah, apparently he got a good talking to and loss of liscence for his efforts lol

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
dad was a hoon but a coporate hoon. He had a brand new porsche 928s back in the 80s he use to do 250km/h down the frankston freeway.. Then now if I do 1km over with him in the car im dead meat. He also told me a story about him and his mate smoking out the camberwell bowling alleys which made the firebrigade rock up etc.

Mum speeds everywhere but yells at me if i do.

Girlfriends dad is a crazy mofo. He has never had his license, he always had the hot cars & motobikes (dodge phoenix etc) He got kicked out of the caravan park he stayed at for doing donuts etc.

orthaeeoul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exucutive S2 3.8 2004
my dad used to be a real nutter of a hoon... telling me how he used to do burnouts in the center of bunbury... did a real ringer right out front of the cop station... poped both tires, and the after the cop just walked up and tapped on the window... the scarest thing he's told me of his hooning is one day he was coming back from pemberten, bit of a straight in his torana xu1, gave it heaps, hit 160km+ and then discovered a t junction... if the car had have been an inch to either side, he wouldnt be with me today...

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
seems like this threads about dead, so i'll write a post to get it goin again yeah? hmm, dont really know much about if my mums side of the family hoons, as i dont talk to them often; 3 uncles race standard saloons, im certain they love to give their cars a bit of **** here an there, how else do u make a 7 cylinder out of an 8? lol.. and my dad, he's settled down allot, but i dont think theres a single day that he doesnt speed or road rage. and im learning to drive with him O.O but chyeah, i'd say pullin wheelies, writin the speedo off the clock, etc etc would be a hoons act :p fortunately. little steveness here is going to be a safe driver ^.^ except the occasional burnout and drift here and there.. :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I get called a hoon now by my 3 kids :(.

My dad is now limited to hooming in his 55 Morrie or Humber Super Snipe. :)

B

BXHD

my dad is a bike and car hoon :p
i grew up with him building a HZ Monaro stroker, and i did alot of Learner hours in his VZ Maloo *drools*
now he has a ve ssv. mum is a hoon too, the monaro was for her, till dad got all protective and made it too beasty for her. but now she wants to supercharge her SV6 hahaha.