Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The leaf hasnt fallen far from the tree (is that the phrase) im just as bad.

That is the funniest thing I've read all day :D. It's the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It means your genetic makeup will be similar to your parents. ie a seedling apple grown from the fallen fruit will be similar to the parent tree :)

It doesn't make much sense being a leaf but it's cute/funny or something :D my wifes Mexican and she used to come out with crazed sayings that are back to front like this because when she didn't fully get the concept of the quote

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
My old man was a trucky his whole life. So yes he was hoon. When he was teaching me to drive he would let me go as fast as i wanted to as he wanted to get home before the game started on tv.

These days he still is a hoon but no longer allowed to drive due to illness. Ill take him out every now and then and let him have a quick drive just so he can get his hoon fix.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
my old man is a hoon. he use to drive from brisbane to sydney all the time in his little mini. would set excelent speed. these days ofcourse he is far more subdued. that is where i pick it up, im not so much a hoon as he was. im more into doing it legaly these days, organized drag days and events like that.

benny mckellar

boobs,blowers,burnouts
Reaction score
Members Ride
e2 maloo
Gotta agree hooning definitely runs in the blood from the stories dad and his mates tell had one of everything. here's some of the more impressive ones.

HT 350 GTS, Phase 3 GTHO, 308 powered A9X, HZ sandman, HK 186 GTS plus plenty of other standards. Would be worht an absolute mint if he kept them. Reckons he used to get some laughs at peoples faces pulling in at the drags in the HT with the GTHO on the car trailer.

Then mum was much the same had a sandman, valiant charger, cortina and heps of other cool cars i dont remeber still says her favourite was the turboed 180B that ran 11s though haha.

stumps5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
That is the funniest thing I've read all day :D. It's the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It means your genetic makeup will be similar to your parents. ie a seedling apple grown from the fallen fruit will be similar to the parent tree :)

It doesn't make much sense being a leaf but it's cute/funny or something :D my wifes Mexican and she used to come out with crazed sayings that are back to front like this because when she didn't fully get the concept of the quote

Yeah i was at work and i knew it was something along those lines apples leaves not a huge difference is there lol

Cordelia calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VY Acclaim
My Dad was and still is a hoon, first car I remember him having was a Sandman, then he fixed up a GT and had a little padock bomb made from bits and pieces to go hooning in, after he divorced my mum he steped things up a bit and got a commy he used to take me to do burn outs in on visiting weekends and now he has a ute cause he runns a Harley dealership so he mainly rides " Like the devil is chasing him"

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx

Well, no. One's genetic makeup has to be similar to one's parents...or your daddy aint your daddy but your daddy dont know..... Its if the character traits and physical abilities are similar that the phrase gets a working.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
My nephew grew up without his father, And all his fathers little things, He does.

There not nice, His dad used to lay on the chair, Right hand down pants scratching away for hours, His son at 21 does the same thing,
It's amazing to watch, Knowing his father wasn't there raising him, But he does so many things the same. Funny how we work.