Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Washing and polishing your car

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
On the topic of microfibre towels… what do you use to wash them with? I remember reading somewhere that just tossing them in with your regular laundry and using my regular (coles/woolies home brand special cheapo China spec laundry detergent) messes up the fibres in them?
There's a video by Larry from ammo detailing on towel management.
summary, wash them only with each other using a little liquid detergent.
He goes into whole systems of storing and grading towels, when to retire them, etc.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
On the topic of microfibre towels… what do you use to wash them with? I remember reading somewhere that just tossing them in with your regular laundry and using my regular (coles/woolies home brand special cheapo China spec laundry detergent) messes up the fibres in them?
I use truck wash, never use anything with a fabric softener

What kills them is hot wash and hot rotary dryer

I also grade them by how many uses, paint, interior, wheels, then engine bay, then oil rags

I generally don't use them for drying, I use a Ryobi one blower for that, it blow dries the paint and gets into every nook and cranny
images.jpeg-6.jpg

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I also use a blower to dry mine.
I have a Dewalt 54V, makes it easy.
The SS has been hand washed only 4 times since the correction and ceramic coating were done and those times are by the detailer.
It just gets pressure washed and blow dried by me, zero hand contact and it comes up amazing every time as it doesn’t get dirty, just dusty.
Benefits of a “weekender” and no rain driving for me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I washed my ute yesterday and left the water droplets on it thinking it would just dry. Go out to the shed and there are blotches everywhere. Had to rewash the ute and blow it down with the leaf blower and finish it with the towel. Trouble is I was holding my towel in one hand and the blower in the other. I rested my other hand against the blower for support and burnt a hole in the towel. Lesson learnt but I ruined my only drying towel. I have a click and collect at SCA and just hoping the towel in the kit I bought is as good as the one I wrecked.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
I washed my ute yesterday and left the water droplets on it thinking it would just dry. Go out to the shed and there are blotches everywhere. Had to rewash the ute and blow it down with the leaf blower and finish it with the towel. Trouble is I was holding my towel in one hand and the blower in the other. I rested my other hand against the blower for support and burnt a hole in the towel. Lesson learnt but I ruined my only drying towel. I have a click and collect at SCA and just hoping the towel in the kit I bought is as good as the one I wrecked.
Grab one of these, currently on sale https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...VKplmAh1fnwg4EAQYASABEgI7jvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition