Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wats ur view on T-wings

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
VR_Project said:
and on that lil topic of the ricers...those cars would come up against alot of V8's, chew them up and spit them out while still in 1st gear! my dad has a twin turbo supra, and i can tell you first hand after driving this beast that its not something to be laughed at AT ALL!

Usually when people are refuring to ricers they are more talkin about something like a standard Honda Civic with a huge body kit, neons, fake blow off noise making gadget, etc etc. Your talkin about genuine imports (I know they are still called ricers) which are acually fast and dont just look like they are ment to go fast. In saying that how ever... If i strap a decent sized turbo or vortech supercharger to an Ls1 or Ls2 V8, i would say that almost any "ricer" would be left scratchin his head in a cloud of smoke.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
it'd look cool man

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
T wing looks crap, unless supercar or something like that.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
how many times do i have to say it,IM NOT PUTTING A T-WING ON BY ITSELF. i have worked out that yes,a roof high wing is too much.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i think a nice basic twing that sits a little off the back edge with small side fins [ not huge junk ones ] would look alright but for daily driving or even the occasional track day, not worth the normal drag.

I think the money should go toward some functional bonnet vents, suspension and transmission work and a tasteful kit to make the most of the engine

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
ill have to jump on the bandwagon and say that t wings look ****. Looks **** on the GTSR, looks **** on an excel and just looks ****. Please dont buy one

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
trust me,i do have many plans,monaro bonnet with the airflow going to my CAI,Vents towards the back of the bonnet to let heat out,i think of new **** here and there so i put it in my fone or something so i dont forget.In any case wat ever i get done will be there for more than just looks

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
sixshooter said:
Thats Gold... ??? SlowVR you forgot to mention doing it just for imatation !!!!

also have you looked at your fake fibreglass Clubsport bumper lately ?

It hardly serves any more of a purpose than the original does it ??? Or have you got ducted v8 brake coolers or something help cool down your brakes when you slow your v6 granny mobile down from warp speed ? :D

@ shanhsv :: if you reckon it looks cool then do it... but get yourself some stronger hydraulic boot stays

Well said...
On the right car a t wing can look great just aslong as its not too high. If you want to do it, it's your car and no one else's.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
vn6pwr said:
Nothing gives me a better laugh than a stocker with a shopping trolley style wing, have a look at these :rofl:

http://www.matt-d.com/ghetto/spoiler.jpeg
http://www.autodrome-cannes.com/chaparral_2E_67_.jpg
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~bailen/blog/archives/FestivaHatchbackSpoiler.jpg

BTW how do you make a link to a URL???

:rofl: thats hilarious... Heres a pic of a t-wing on a VP thats okayish... But this car is freaking quick and has had alot of work done, so it has a right to have a t wing on the back:

Attachments

• hotsv1-CULN.jpg
    hotsv1-CULN.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,119