Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ways to clear fault codes for my 2009 sv6 ve

Can it be done without a scan tool

• Yes there is a way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No not at all possible

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Pauli1sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESV6
Is the one in the link above your message what I need?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Just recently Myself and a Relative [Nephew] replaced his seized LXF for a s/hand LXF from a Wreckers,
After taking our time to install it, and re-installing the loom,
and Double checked the loom to make sure all the plugs were secure,
replaced the oil filter, topped it with oil & water.
Fired it up, and it run like a dog for about 5 minutes,

But we just let it idle in that time, and then its started running as smooth as silk after it had warmed up,
He did have a MIL on, but after a drive around the block, its had extinguished itself,
I was going to see what the fault was in the history, but got to busy cleaning after a 2 day project.

7am Saturday out with the old seized motor, and in with the replacement by later that afternoon 6pm
8am Sunday wrapped the loom the engine, plugged it all in, and installed the fluids, fired up at 1pm.

The worst part was removing the torque converter from the seized engine.
Him on the crank shaft bolt with a breaker bar and an extension handle,
and me with a bloody big screw driver on the ring gear, turning [forcing] the crank around,
so I can get the torque converter bolts at the starter motor opening to be able to remove them.

Getting back on the subject,
Its best to get it scanned properly, and then you know the correct codes that need to be investigated.

Last edited:

Pauli1sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESV6

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
The one in the link you sent

It gives you very basic live data. But it reads all fault codes and it clears the codes. For $20 + $7 for the app I'm happy with it.
I bought it when I got a fault for a dead injector. Gave me the right code, I swapped in a new one, cleared the fault and all is well.
That's about as much as I can tell you. Pretty fun setting up different dials and graphs for live data when your running. But if you want real data obviously you need more expensive stuff. Again, it's just what you want it for