Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WB Ute, Injected 5 litre Project.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Update:

All registered and on the road. Been driving it all the time since i got it regoed mid this week, so nice to drive. Just a couple of small things i'm not quiet happy with now i've been driving it that i need to fix up. All in all very happy.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a small update.

Went to a rod run last weekend in Bright. Covered just shy of 1000k's in a weekend. Only had 1 drama, it developed a noise in Bright which i thought was a cracked flexplate but on further inspection after getting the auto out the flexplate looks fine. So, i've now got hold of another convertor which i hope is the problem. I've nearly got it all back together now so i'll see if it cures the noise later this afternoon. If it doesn't cure it, it's probably the auto itself. If it's the auto, i think i'll ditch the Turbo 700 and slot in a Turbo 350.

Anyway, other than that it went well, drives sensational on the highway.

I've attatched a couple of pics of the car and 1 of an EH that was actually cruising around the main street....

Attachments

• ute bright.jpg
    ute bright.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 4,674
  • ute bright 1.jpg
    ute bright 1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,438
  • eh bright.jpg
    eh bright.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,467

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, i fixed the noise....It's always the stupidest of things.

Turned out to be a stuffed 02 sensor. The inside had broken off and was rattling around in the outer case. All that messing around for something so silly, but oh well, you get that with cars sometimes. :D

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ummm, it's a bit hard to explain really. Sort of a metal tinging sound. You can hear it more plainly from underneath the car than from the top. Get me a vid of the noise from under the front left of the car and i'll tell you if its the same.

Cheers for the comment.