Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh land barge daily.

H

harrop.senator

So it's happened. I have the Caprice its decent I'm defs on board. First time ive fallen in love driving something for about 4 years which scares me as it may get kept hahaha.

It's got 245k? Apparent re ring at 220 when the cam was fitted. Unknown cam spec guessing 224+ . Big tri y headers , twin cat and twin 2.5" mild Redback exhaust. It's loud...

New shocks front rear Monroe gt Sport not to bad. Has new nolethane most places has bad wheel shudder under brake but has receipts for a re skim from August so dno.

Cruise isnt working turn on but isn't activating unsure if stalk or module.

Black leather / woodgrain nice nick single Mark on drivers side seat. Has original tape deck.

Bad points
Brake shudder
Leaks everywhere
Drains the battery if not driven daily apparently something to do with Holden assistance. Surely should last longer then a day or two between driving....

Future mods
Trans cooler
3600 stall
Qualifier manifold
Otr
Extra muffler in rear
150 shot if doesn't go 12 Na HAHAHAHA

D

devilly

nice looking car :) damn that power steering bottle is old, they only $70 for a new genuine one and may save you having to do a rack and power steering pump change over later as the filter inside would be blocking up. come to think of it check the brake fluid too may need a good flush and new fluid put in it. other then that looks straight and good condition. what a nice looking dog too. now if only I can see under that tarp to check out the bike hehe.

H

harrop.senator

Old boys Daytona 955. No its the proper colour its Red last one was Blue.

Just sold my daily cammed gixxer thou.

Replacing with vfr800.

This is my cotton wooled baby will come out the shed again in a month. 3rd owner 17 years in storage I bought it with 42k. Original owner sold it out of storage with 36 in 2013 I bought it 2015 now has 51 on it.

Brake fluid should be New as has new master/booster. Thanks didn't know about the ps reservoir internal filter haven't ran into issues with them yet to know that trick.

May put it on the hoist at lunch were a little quiet today.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

harrop.senator

Al gibbs had a look over it today. Turned out the maf wasnt even activated in the tune lol... So otrs definitely happening sooner rather than later hahaha. I'm hoping he's got it sorted he usually does.

Hopefully getting a rear muffler Tomorrow. Works quiet this week already docking me pay for the muffler and only three days so not much more progress for the next week or so I think lol.

D

devilly

nice susy and Hondas seem to last forever :) that's what the mailperson rides Honda :) good to hear you got the car sorted.. just go slow and steady and do what you want and can afford. I found out the hard way on the filter in the power steering bottle, I didn't know until I had the part in my hand and found you can't clean them either so just a new one :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That fat-ass should creep into 12's with 3.9 gears & stock suspension.

That 3600 stally right sizing for gas...lighter cars '

Most ls cars you see that age now are completely fubar'd

H

harrop.senator

Yeah sump seal and rear main Seal. Are fubar possibly front main. Apparently was rebuilt at 228 when the cam was installed but unless the gaskets were installed by Ray Charles as it's leaking like a siv haha.

Don't quite understand the comment about the 3600 stally? Good size bad size? Can't remember if its 3200 or 3600 old boy already bought it and is only $500 off him you reckon needs a higher flash rate to get the weight moving? I thought 3600 would be great hold it up around 22-2400 and let it flash up the difference as soon as I jump off brake.

Has a bit of a chug now at very light cruise but the tune wasnt touched after enlarging the throttle body hole so I'm assuming it's just at that. Hits a lower l/100 too so sweet!

H

harrop.senator

Also will probably avoid 3.9s don't want to spend $600 on gears and dno if it'll break a crown wheel of I throw a v6 at it with 31 gears hahahaha. It's still a daily and I need to actually do some work on the other pieces of poo.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Meant 3600 stall will work well probably end up with 4500 stall speed when gassed.

Cheap way out be to put in manual 3.46 diff although read smaller 4.11 b/w gears will fit but I'd expect them to be weaker obviously.

In early days these major warranty issues with rings/glazed bores,oil pumps & rear mains.

Most cars spin before you can stall them up so it's easier to do 50-60km/h in top gear then floor it so you can actually see what flash stall is.

Really good tune & diff gears makes a world of difference with these things...I really miss having v8 dailies now lol