Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh stato 5lt ????

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Someguy already answered your question (below). Statistically no one goes to the effort of putting a V8 from a completely different car into a Statesman to use it as a bush basher and your no exception.

Rather than accept the fact that you can’t put it on the road you go all Greta Thunberg with the “how dare you’s”.

I’m sure I speak for most people on here when I say that we aren’t here to advise you on how to break the law. Informing of the actual situation regarding the proposed engine swap rather than leading you down an garden path is the correct thing to do.

I’m sure that if we had only advised you on how to do the job only for you to get to the other end of doing it and finding out you cant register the car would leave you pissed off at everyone on here

Someguy already answered your question (below). Statistically no one goes to the effort of putting a V8 from a completely different car into a Statesman to use it as a bush basher and your no exception.

Rather than accept the fact that you can’t put it on the road you go all Greta Thunberg with the “how dare you’s”.

I’m sure I speak for most people on here when I say that we aren’t here to advise you on how to break the law. Informing of the actual situation regarding the proposed engine swap rather than leading you down an garden path is the correct thing to do.

I’m sure that if we had only advised you on how to do the job only for you to get to the other end of doing it and finding out you cant register the car would leave you pissed off at everyone on here!
Answered not really I never asked if it could be registered or not and true most people wouldn't put an older V8 into a newer body doesn't mean some one hasn't or doesn't have an answer to the question can you link a VT S1 loom and ecu to a wh S1 statesman

I'm not pissed I just thought being an ass hat was the norm around here theses days seems like the forum either ignores posts or shits on them really great stuff for the community as a whole

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol a lot to unpack in that response......Does anyone think old mate doesn't know what dyslexia is?

Yes, you could very well could keep it registered as a V6 and not tell the motor reg, but when you hit someone and have no insurance your going to be dropping the soap for a while if you can't pay for that $100k beemer you smashed up let alone the millions of $$ if you injured someone without valid CTP.

If you were the gronk that hit me with an uninsured car because you purposely wanted to rort the rego system I'd do everything in my power by law to make sure you have a very uncomfortable rest of your existence.

I already answered your question putting aside all the rego stuff, but you seem too distracted in telling people why they are wrong about the law.
I'm sorry I thought being a smart ass was the correct response around here

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gee whizz bloke. That’s a douche response when there’s plenty of solid and experienced answers there. You didn’t get the answers you wanted to hear, but they were answers you needed to hear. Don’t be a dick.
There is on half solid answer at best and a pile of verbal Justin Bieber about unrelated things
As for don't be a dick just returning the favour

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is there something in the water in SA ?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
VT S1 loom and ecu to a wh S1 statesman
You would use a vt s1 5 litre wagon pcm bcm set up there is another part, can't think of the name.

The vt wagon has the same length wiring loom as the wh. You have to sort the wiring loom, at the rear? Shouldn't be to hard?

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
You would use a vt s1 5 litre wagon pcm bcm set up there is another part, can't think of the name.

The vt wagon has the same length wiring loom as the wh. You have to sort the wiring loom, at the rear? Shouldn't be to hard?
Yeah I could use the Berlina loom I already have id say the rear doors speakers tail lights ect could just be cut and shut to suit and that's only if the plugs don't match up
Did a vs stato dash conversion on my vn many years ago wasn't overly hard to work out what goes to what

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride

It would just be nice to have the Speedo and tacho working on the standard wh cluster and all the lights switches power windows wipers ect working as well
My intention is a skid car wh statos are cheap once the LS1 and trans have been harvested
but just cause it's a skid car or "bush basher" doesn't Mean it can't be half nice and have things work
Some may argue it's too long and to heavy but I've seen some wagons do some mean skids and they Are just as long not as heavy

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I could use the Berlina loom I already have id say the rear doors speakers tail lights ect could just be cut and shut to suit and that's only if the plugs don't match up
Did a vs stato dash conversion on my vn many years ago wasn't overly hard to work out what goes to what
Maybe you could repin the wh interior plug to the vt plug? Then just leave the wh wiring as is?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
1657190819000.jpeg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
It would just be nice to have the Speedo and tacho working on the standard wh cluster
Maybe thats possible.
I've seen the Ls wiring for speedos on 6L80 conversion. Seems the same as a v6. So maybe the 5 ltre is the same? Maybe its doable?