Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Well.... in Gatlinburg Tennesee USA, we picked some wineries and got some free samples. What a load of crap wine if it can be called wine. One winery that was offering free samples and all the so called wine was laced with God knows what. Told the gal that could be put on a Sno-Cone, just a sarcastic remark of how shitty it was. She took it as a good idea and compliment. All the samples were nasty, kind of like drinking some sort of syrup with synthetic flavors with a dash of ethanol for about $16.00 USD.

All samples on the same plastic sample cups. Talk about crossing flavors, plastic cups, nothing to reset your palate with. Not an f-ing clue on how to do wine tasting...

On a positive note, is legal to sell Moonshine in the county, so... they have some interesting ones with fruit flavors. I think, Apple was the best one.

We set a camp fire, pulled my Makers Mark and sip by the fire on the nice cold nights at about 60F (15.5C).

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So got a new computer , so can post photos again.
So I edited a few of my previous posts , adding a couple of photos.
This beer had a few weeks ago Six Strings Double Double Dark Red IPA

And last weekend compared my IPA , gassed and fridged as soon as it was kegged with a bottle which had matured for 6.5 weeks.
Smaller glass with lighter beer is off the keg , is sweater and less like an IPA especially when compared with mature one which is alot darker and taste a whole lot more like I expect an IPA to taste like.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
At work, so nothing but Milo with Coffee with sweetener in like a 500ml antispill

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
A nice cup of coffee, dark roast, local honey (no sugar) and milk.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Sounds alright ,I'll have to try some honey in a coffee. Next door neighbours do some bush bees honey on their property up the coast.
One thing I've developed a liking for is a nip of jim beam honey in a coffee.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
It take some getting used to. Depending on what the bees get. The one that I have is from Plum and Blueberries, very fruity. During the summer, is Dasies and Dandelions, kind of taste like pasture. I try to get as much as I can during the spring, all fruit trees are blooming, the honey is sweeter and darker.

Try a honey like that on a Glaced Ham.

Is better than using refined sugar or any of the artificial sweetners. If I have no honey, then, Raw Brown Sugar is used.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
8ABF8D76-4576-4C29-91CC-AAB6E95032D3.jpeg

Downstairs in the cave (cellar) after 4am start picking Grenache, watching Grand Tour episode with the Stinger, (Linke’s ham) and cheese toastie, cheese is Comté, glass of Monté(pulciano), all good.
Authentic ham? Yeah real pigs living free range happy life (up to the last two or three minutes), butchered, hung and prepared properly, traditionally smoked with Mallee root:

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Still a recovering alcoholic
Still no alcohol

Trying not to have diet soft drink. Screws around with my internal hunger/satiety mechanism.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Cap with 1 from my Nespresso.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
marques-de-caceres-crianza-rioja-doca-spain-10500779.jpg

What can I say.... have a soft spot for Rioja wines, got a nice 2013 Crianza.