Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I don't mind the Lewis Road stuff but I much prefer a dark chocolate and hence the Puhoi as it's not a sweet.

the Puhoi milk is a tad cheaper too , Lewis road full cream milk is a bit of a treat for that matter , good on porridge , like milk used too and all milk should taste

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
5CD6DB0B-12F9-4423-AD3E-510168B24842.jpeg

Tung Ting Mountain (750m Taiwan) fruitwood toasted Oolong, known by connoisseurs as the worlds finest semi-fermented tea.
Carefully steeped this morning served on the rocks now showing a delicate caramelised sweetness. Refreshing.
Medium caffeine
70% oxidation

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
That looks interesting. Going to check on that.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Now I'm into the maintenance part of my weightloss journey I've gone into the Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines. For drinking one is basically confined to tea, coffee, water, reduced fat milk, and maybe some juice every now and then.

I would absolutely guzzle diet soft drinks to keep my weight down. I'd have maybe 5 cans a day. It was the way I was brought up. Parents have been having diet....everything....for at least the last 30-35 years and both are still morbidly obese.

I'm kicking the aspartame and see how I get on.

Still off the booze (and will be indefinitely 'one day at a time') now been 5 months since my last alcoholic drink.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Diet anything is poison. Is all about caloric intake. Want to loose weight? Stop Eating!

I watch the products that we buy. Too many flavor, feel enhancers, preservaties, etc... Cows are injected with hormones to produce more milk, chickens are given estrogen to get them more plumped.

We eat more home cooked meals and restaurant type meals. Fast Food is a huge No-Go on my family.

This is the milk that we drink.
20trmdk.jpg

Has no growth hormones and if you noticed, the Circled U means that is Kosher.

What get people in to buy junk is Pricing. Penny pinching can ruin your health.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You know things are fucked when fizzy drinks are cheaper than milk or bottled water and chips are cheaper than a loaf of bread....

I gave up 95% of the fizzy drinks I used to drink and feel better for it. I stopped the alcohol probably 20 years ago and can probably count the number of drinks I've had since on one hand. I can't drink beer, it makes me sick so I just gave it up period. Alco-pops are just bloody crazy, it makes alcohol easy to drink for the young ones.....

It has also been mentioned recently that here in NZ the sugar content in items is higher than elsewhere in the world because we have no legislation limiting it's use. A bottle of juice has as much sugar in it as a bottle of coke which is bloody ridiculous and it never used to be way back yonder when I was young.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
There is no need for legislation to regulate what goes in a drink. Is a bad Yu-Yu to have a nanny state. All you need is an educated population.

However, humans are a bit wierd... you tell them that some has a compound that is no good for them and will flight out of the shelves.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I disagree, when it comes to the health of the wider public regulation is required, the likes of Coke are putting in more sugar here than other places in the world because they can get away with it. Multi-nationals only care about profit and are happy to do so at the expense of peoples lives. I'll take a little regulation any day if it is for the benefit of the population. I'm sick and tired of multi-nationals getting away with murder.

Diabetes is a major killer here, especially in the poorer demographics and it's only getting worse, a little regulation will reduce the cost on lives and the cost on the health system which directly effects my back pocket via taxes. To me, sugar is like tobacco and we all know that kills. Both are also highly addictive substances.

You have to remember that although we may be smart enough to make these kinds of decisions for ourselves, there are many in the population who believe the advertising they see on TV and propaganda from these multi-national companies and it's these kind of people that need saving from themselves....

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Diet anything is poison. Is all about caloric intake. Want to loose weight? Stop Eating!

I watch the products that we buy. Too many flavor, feel enhancers, preservaties, etc... Cows are injected with hormones to produce more milk, chickens are given estrogen to get them more plumped.

We eat more home cooked meals and restaurant type meals. Fast Food is a huge No-Go on my family.

Has no growth hormones and if you noticed, the Circled U means that is Kosher.

What get people in to buy junk is Pricing. Penny pinching can ruin your health.
Dude if you ever make it downunder you’re in for a pleasant surprise.
DBE94739-134D-45CB-9D26-7ED85F50E4A0.jpeg

Has no growth hormones and if you noticed, the Jesus Fish means that is Christian friendly.

It is made from cows in a naturally fertile and rich rural hinterland of the Sunshine Coast, in the Glasshouse Mountains area, the subtropical north Clarence-Moreton Basin.

Cows, goats, sheep and camels (yes) are part of our most awarded dairy, run by a local family. This is diametrically opposed to Coca Cola and Montsanto’s future Milk blend strained technically sterile then enriched with various powders.

In many ways is like comparing Yellowtail or any Sparkling wine confection to single vineyard craft wine that’s not sterile filtered, made traditionally.

That Soylent Green milk brand reminds me of 70s Kellogg’s corn crap before we realised is basically popcorn enriched with fructose energy and powdered vitamins.