Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are your thoughts on the performance of the Rudd government so far?

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
do you know nothing about tax brackets? try getting 45% of your wages taxed, or whatever the value was. youd be annoyed.
so what if not all of them worked harder. they obviously made the right decisions in life, and are getting screwed for it. if the government wasnt trying to take away from the rich, everyone would get taxed at the same rate.
the only thing that the rudd government has done against low income workers is raising alcohol taxes.

i know what its like to get half my pay taxed, i also know what its like to be at the bottom of the barrel not due to my fault, but due to medical conditions. im struggling atm fianially hence why im selling everything but i havent gone on the dole as of yet.
i was an alco when i was working now im not i dont drink i hardly smoke, i dont take drugs except what im perscribed. maybe u should be so robust on your claims of getting hurt at the top. most of us have been there but few have crashed down due to medical reasons.
If i do take up on the dole i hope no one whinges, i have been working hard in the areas of oil and gas, earth moving and locomotive for 6 to 7 years

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
my gf's family are all rich, classy mofos (don't know why she's with me)
malvern/toorak living, lexus driving types, and they're pretty labor.

i'm not saying everyone in this category is like this, just that there are different beleifs even in the upper crust

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
everyone, theres a difference between being better off and becoming so filthy rich you dont know what to do with the cash,
thats the life they want. they did well in life so they could earn that money to make themselves happy. why should they give it to you?
a good percentage of there money should go towards making australia tick because in all honesty, its fair to the rest of us lower class citizens who already have it hard.
you have it hard? why dont you go get a better job then? you dont make decisions with other peoples money. lets say you earn 30k a year, how would you feel if you only got 15 of it to spend on yourself?
im not saying to drain the rich's cash to a poor mans wage. seriously, most people today who are rich became rich from inheritance.
what the hell? where are you getting these facts from? i work for my money.
what about all these families having children who are in a poor family?
maybe they should look at their financial situation before deciding to bring a child into this world when they cant afford it? too many people rely on the bloody baby bonus.
chances are they will never be rich, or have the opportunity to become rich.
thats their decision in life
Every Australian has the right to this lifestyle, either take it or leave it.
then work for it
there needs to be some sort of package made that gives aussies a chance.
everyone does have a chance. if they screw that chance up early in life, not my problem.
go and try to buy a house these days (as an example), there already owned by people who bought them 30 years ago and now selling for a killing, where the poor are forced to get into a MAJOR debt to pay for something that is worth half the price, not fair huh?
another example of a well off person making the right decision in life. thats called an investment.
what about when i myself have kids, how hard will it be for them and so on and so forth?
If aussies, perhaps when they turned 21, got a small lump sum of cash to be spent however they choose whether it be bills drugs investments or towards a business, they would have a better chance to get off their feet and make a name for themselfs.
no they wouldnt. most of them would blow it all on alcohol, and most of them would use it as an excuse not to go out and get a job until all the money is used up

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
I'm surprised you'd have this attitude, would you leave a comrade on the battle field if they were less fortunate than you and hit by enemy fire?

thats what im talking about, but theres too many snobs (you know who you are) that do the dirty on you, and thats why most of them are rich

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Yes it is the liberals fault that they setup a country in where people who really wanted to could succeed.

Yeah, HAHAHAHHAHAAA the Liberals have done more to help people succeed than Labour. That is against what they beleive.

Australia has one of the best public schooling systems in the world, if you choose to not take advantage of this great FREE education then you have no one to blame but yourself.

FREE education, HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAA another great joke.

The only thing I hate, is tax money wasted. I do not care how much income tax I pay, if it is helping someone less fortunate have the same opportunities as me then it is one less dole bludger, and one more tax payer.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
ive read some of these posts and i dont think any of you are the upper class citizens in talking about, for starters an upper classie wouldnt drive a holden...

no im earning low income at the moment, and thats because this is my first year working full time, but in my line of work, there is a lot of potential to earn much more in years to come. why should i look forward to no benefits? im simply defending those that would never become a member of this forum and cant post their own opinions

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
thats the life they want. they did well in life so they could earn that money to make themselves happy. why should they give it to you?
you have it hard? why dont you go get a better job then? you dont make decisions with other peoples money. lets say you earn 30k a year, how would you feel if you only got 15 of it to spend on yourself?

what the hell? where are you getting these facts from? i work for my money.

maybe they should look at their financial situation before deciding to bring a child into this world when they cant afford it? too many people rely on the bloody baby bonus.

thats their decision in life

then work for it

everyone does have a chance. if they screw that chance up early in life, not my problem.

another example of a well off person making the right decision in life. thats called an investment.
what about when i myself have kids, how hard will it be for them and so on and so forth?

no they wouldnt. most of them would blow it all on alcohol, and most of them would use it as an excuse not to go out and get a job until all the money is used up

I have had major eye surgery and cannot work due to it, and this will last almost a lifetime, does this mean i get left behind in the dust?

i think you better go think about this a little longer because i have been for months. theres alot more circumstances to this debate then you know of.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
i never said make the rich hand all their money over, they deserve the lifestyle they created themselfs (or got handed) but still hold a responsibility in running australia to their capacity, which is alot more than they get charged. People deserve a better chance in life, whether they earn lots or nothing.