Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What colour are these wheels?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Are these Rapier copy wheels silver or is my eyesight shot and they're actually black

They look black to me and what I like about them, is someone has taken the time to give 'em a real good polish.

They've come up nice.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is this like one of those "what colour is this (insert random piece of clothing)" games and everyone sees it as a different colour ?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
They look black to me and what I like about them, is someone has taken the time to give 'em a real good polish.

They've come up nice.

I remember the first set of shadow chrome wheels I saw in the mid '90's looked like polished alloy coated in brake dust and I grabbed a bit of rag to clean them. Discovering it's not brake dust and they're intended to look like that, I'm thinking what idiot would try to replicate a dirty wheel look like it's a good thing, they're off their heads!

From the black wheel look "old VK with the hubcaps missing" obsession that later occurred with silver wheels a rarity, I was seriously shocked to see these Rapier copy wheels in silver unless they're shadow chrome and look silver in that particular lighting.

Not to be critical of people who like black wheels, but I hate them that much on red, I already had the Simmons wheels painted silver and ready to go before my Redline Ute rolled up on the truck from QLD where I bought it from!

IMG_20170524_161401972.jpg

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I remember the first set of shadow chrome wheels I saw in the mid '90's looked like polished alloy coated in brake dust and I grabbed a bit of rag to clean them. Discovering it's not brake dust and they're intended to look like that, I'm thinking what idiot would try to replicate a dirty wheel look like it's a good thing, they're off their heads!

From the black wheel look "old VK with the hubcaps missing" obsession that later occurred with silver wheels a rarity, I was seriously shocked to see these Rapier copy wheels in silver unless they're shadow chrome and look silver in that particular lighting.

Not to be critical of people who like black wheels, but I hate them that much on red, I already had the Simmons wheels painted silver and ready to go before my Redline Ute rolled up on the truck from QLD where I bought it from!

View attachment 259312
I HATE black wheels.
Does that make me a wheel racist?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Iv'e got wait for it, black wheels on my red vh and though I'm not really a wheels person think they look good. So take that with bells on it.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I HATE black wheels.
Does that make me a wheel racist?
I hate black wheels too with a passion and likewise a "wheel racist", I can't see this image (below) and find any good in it whatsoever!

beac44ff-1a36-4b40-97f8-543dd5048764.jpg

Reactions: Lex

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Iv'e got wait for it, black wheels on my red vh and though I'm not really a wheels person think they look good. So take that with bells on it.
Here's a black and silver wheel comparison on red, my old R8 and a mate's GTS. The black wheels on the GTS ruins the car in my eyes!

20190209_155004.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Here's a black and silver wheel comparison on red, my old R8 and a mate's GTS. The black wheels on the GTS ruins the car in my eyes!

View attachment 259349
i think the odd bit is the yellow callipers with a red car. Either the same colour as the car or black.

Last edited: