Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
AMMO has started up in Sydney now, so online purchases are easy to get here in Australia.

Good seeing Chemical Guys in a few retail shops. Not everyone’s go to, but better than the topic at hand.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pricing on the Bowdens:

Pricing on quality products that are used professionally:

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II
It’s a bit gymicky. Full of fillers to do the job.
Looking to give it a test, ex missus borrow the car a couple years back & left some scratches on it.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking to give it a test, ex missus borrow the car a couple years back & left some scratches on it.
If you are looking for a cheaper solution, look at the Turtle Wax One and Done. It uses platelets to shear the surface, rather than granules to grind the surface.

Turtle Wax used to be a joke. They now have some heavy hitting products that can hold their own against traditional professional products. Their spray ceramic sealant is one of the best for ease of use.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I recently tried the Oberk Sole Medium Cut and now have a new fav product to use. Again, it’s similar price to retail stores but is light years ahead on quality.

Get a DA polisher/buffer. Grab a few DA pads. Microfibre cloths for cleaning off the surface.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
That seems a bit excessive. Installation is only $600, $450 tops for the fascia kit. $3,500 worth of audio must be some quality kit? Does that include a reverse camera?

Installation is quoted at 10 hours at $130 per hour. Head unit is the Alpine unit I indicated before (ILX-507A). This would be paired with an Audison five channel amp and six speakers (two subs, and four door speakers) which comes in at a grand total of $5100.

I checked the component prices on Google and they aren’t inflating the prices from what I can see. I’m not sure I will go with a full five channel amp setup though. I think a mono block amp for the subs and powering the door speakers through the HU would be well and truly sufficient for my purposes.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Unpicking a "professional" head unit install....

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-17 at 14.01.03_17e155bd.jpg

Found the reason the mic wasn't working, it was plugged into the wrong port! and added a wire for auto dimming, when you turned the headlights on the head unit didn't dim and was a right pain to use on maps as it stayed full bright.

Removed some other extra wiring.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Installation is quoted at 10 hours at $130 per hour. Head unit is the Alpine unit I indicated before (ILX-507A). This would be paired with an Audison five channel amp and six speakers (two subs, and four door speakers) which comes in at a grand total of $5100.

I checked the component prices on Google and they aren’t inflating the prices from what I can see. I’m not sure I will go with a full five channel amp setup though. I think a mono block amp for the subs and powering the door speakers through the HU would be well and truly sufficient for my purposes.
Autobarn did mine and the labour was $600 IIRC. That was a full day about 18 months ago, splits, amp, sub harness. I later fitted fitted the sub to the cables they had already laid. I supplied most of it.