Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Gave her a drink of Martini Racing octane booster to test out

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Rear bags.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 145

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Redid the head unit so it sits in the dash better (needed angle rca plugs)
Hooked up my new UHF for cruises, Uniden GPS105
Towed a mates trailer to test out the towbar i installed a month ago
Drove to Tuggerah to test out the UHF's built in GPS with speed camera detection/black spots as a good excuse to try out that 100 Octane fuel from Metro.

twogirlsdad

Waiting for my summer.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 Commodore/Pontiac G8 GT Sold. '17 Chevy SS
I couldn't resist an empty snow covered parking lot, so I did a couple of donuts:
IMAG0485.jpg

Pardon the cel phone pic and dirty windows, our sales men aren't known for cleanliness.:hmmm:

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
rang up insurance company regarding it.

found out even putting a factory optionable item will void insurance (LSD) if i tell them.
so by their train of thought even lowering it to standard height as that wasnt originally in from factory will void insurance =P

Some insurance companies allow mods, and if recorded will even be covered under an insurance claim. I use Shannons cause they are behind the car scene (no affiliation, just a happy customer)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Some insurance companies allow mods, and if recorded will even be covered under an insurance claim. I use Shannons cause they are behind the car scene (no affiliation, just a happy customer)

i wish i could go shannons =P
but as it stands: 19yr old male. 5spd manual VS V6 Ute. living in an "average" area (areas surrounding known for lots of thefts). that does easily 1000kms a week =P
no one wants to touch me with a 10ft poll =P

shall try to ring up a few more places me thinks.
might even ring same company again and see what they say. and choose words even better this time. (such as stock manifolds arent available within a reasonable time, would as close to similar be acceptable)

oh and todays update to keep on track.
bought new ALPINE 6inch speakers to replace stock ones on both sides were on sale too.
went back they were too big by 5mm. now have clarion ones
shall be going in today *yay* =P

Last edited:

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
rang up insurance company regarding it.

found out even putting a factory optionable item will void insurance (LSD) if i tell them.
so by their train of thought even lowering it to standard height as that wasnt originally in from factory will void insurance =P

If it was a factory option just don't tell them regarding the lsd. There's a very good chance if anything were to happen they wouldn't even pick up the change. Now if you were using a spool or lockie that would be a different story.

How can you lower it to factory height? Has it been raised. As with above if you out factory springs back in it they'll never know and even if they do it shouldn't matter.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
yeah i doubt anyone can tell if there is/isnt the LSD in unless you pull it down or do proper tests.
but im just going off what the call centre person was saying =P
which in her direct words were "unless it was like that from factory it cannot be changed".
even asked her about if it was an option but is only going on now... still said no =P
and yeah car is raised and it shall stay that way =P
will still give another ring to see if someone else says something different. doesnt help when the person barely knows what an exhaust was -.- and then didnt know what a Diff was either =P

oh and speakers are in.
sound about the same but look a little better (not that you see them)
actually sounded a fraction better in clearness.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Finally did the leads and plugs. They were naaaasty.