Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
take out a loan to fix the mercedes already?

So far so good! Only thing I needed for RWC was rear pads and they were about $80 but I got them on trade for $55ish. At some point I do need to replace a stepper motor gear in the climate control system. Prev owner was quoted $3500 to repair but it was all labour. Investigated myself and it's a $70 part but requires removal of majority of dash... Hey! That sort of stuff is my job.

But, it's still sitting in the back of my mind.... like you said to me once, drive it like a boss until it breaks! lol

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
So far so good! Only thing I needed for RWC was rear pads and they were about $80 but I got them on trade for $55ish. At some point I do need to replace a stepper motor gear in the climate control system. Prev owner was quoted $3500 to repair but it was all labour. Investigated myself and it's a $70 part but requires removal of majority of dash... Hey! That sort of stuff is my job.

But, it's still sitting in the back of my mind.... like you said to me once, drive it like a boss until it breaks! lol

i should have said "till it detonates"

jeez $3500 for labor? for 3500 id expect them to install a supermodel under there to blow you off while your driving.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
i should have said "till it detonates"

jeez $3500 for labor? for 3500 id expect them to install a supermodel under there to blow you off while your driving.

Apparently they classify it as two days full labour. I've looked at the job, had a look at the guide with super cool pictures.... Give me a drill, a matchstick, six pack of beer and a couple of condoms and I'll fix it in under a day.

http://www.troll.me/images/screaming-baby/holy-****-shes-gonna-blow.jpg

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Fiesta - spent one $50 supercheap voucher at 20% off sale getting luggage net, cableties, heavy duty luggage mat and weatherstripping to fix up some minor issues. Fitted luggage net after some modification, and used weatherstripping to cure rattling rear number plate.

VB - spent one $80 supercheap voucher getting things like grease, tune-up parts, valve saver and fender covers at 20% off sale.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Smilar issue with VB. Fan motor is worn and squeaks sometimes. Now on VK-VL model it takes 3 screws to replace blower motor. Even on VB-VH models with air-con, its an easy job, 3 screws, motor replaced. VB w/o air-con - nooooo its a dashboard out job. No, will wait till motor fully conks out and will need to replace it for RWC.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol, i'd much rather remove the dash on your VB then a Merc.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Really? 6 bolts on the vb and the dash falls off... 6 bolts on the Merc and congratulations.... you've just opened the door. Lol