Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Seriously... I'd get the dealer to look at it before letting an Autobarn fitter rip the door cards off a European vehicle or just anything that is not a commodore or falcon. Please... I have worked at these stores in the past.

not all of them you havent!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Yeah but mate... You know as well as I do..

yep, find a place with a good reputation, coz even the "professional" shops have dodgy installers who dont give a **** about what they break or fit incorrectly.

anyway, today i had nothing to do for half the day, because some stupid customer decided to not show, so i eventually bought my car in and cleaned some things, checked some fluids, replaced wipers, made my cig socket blank actually fit

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Seriously... I'd get the dealer to look at it before letting an Autobarn fitter rip the door cards off a European vehicle or just anything that is not a commodore or falcon. Please... I have worked at these stores in the past.

We only have two audio fitters in town Autobarn and AutoOne. Autobarn put a stereo into the VB and did a lovely job. I will check though to see if they have worked on Fiestas; have seen youtube clip Fiesta door trim removal is very simple (3 screws and 3 clips); I may be able to describe to process to them if need be......

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Nd installed a new HIQ radio unit which came with free firmware and satnav updates, works much faster.
Replaced AC tensioner and pulley assembly because squeaking.
Spent some time with a good parts interpreter who sorted me out with bolt-in NVH carpet lining for wheel arches (a la VF), ordered new VF style rear diffuser, and decided not to gamble on HSV steering wheel compatibility.
Also researched pricing to change all glass to thicker grade for sound insulation... nah!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
We only have two audio fitters in town Autobarn and AutoOne. Autobarn put a stereo into the VB and did a lovely job. I will check though to see if they have worked on Fiestas; have seen youtube clip Fiesta door trim removal is very simple (3 screws and 3 clips); I may be able to describe to process to them if need be......

So you aren't doing it yourself cos why?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Time, and need to modify the wiring plug, if my workshop manual is correct. I'm not confident with my electrical abilities....

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
There is no science on the wiring. All Autobarn are going to do is either A, cut the speaker plug off and join two new wires on... Or B, strip some insulation back behind the plug, splice in two new wires and bobs your aunty.

Just sayin'... You attempt a lot of your own work. You can surely sort out a pair of replacement speakers.