Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I was going to replace the 6.5" speakers on the parcel shelf with 6X9's but i was told by people who actually know about sound systems that they are crap so...
Ebay they go :)

(Found the 6X9's in the shed, forgot i took them out of sisters wreck last year)

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Was gonna put new headlight housing on the vz

Found I hate take off bumper... Fail

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
I hate front bumpers too..
Today I installed an antenna amplifier which actually made a difference, thank you Hong Kong :p
Also adjusted my panhard rod properly as I didn't the first time so there shouldn't be any more rear scrubbing, to top it off I took out the left headlight to fix the connection, now all I need is new parkers and they'll be set :D

Next on the to do list is more paint once I get paid!

Sent via iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Took VX to transmission guy to replace rear seal on transmission, got transmission serviced too. Service was $88 (I supplied fluid and parts) but that's one less thing I have to do next service, which is pretty big anyway (full tune-up and brake-bleed).

Taking VB to mechanic that had it last week so they can listen to my engine tick; they reckon they didn't notice anything last week, could be 'normal'.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Was gonna put new headlight housing on the vz

Found I hate take off bumper... Fail

Taking the bumper off should take you all of 2 minutes. 3 screws across the top (under the bonnet) and 4 screws inside the wheel arch, and pull.

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Taking the bumper off should take you all of 2 minutes. 3 screws across the top (under the bonnet) and 4 screws inside the wheel arch, and pull.

Is there any need to take the wheels off to get access to the clips

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive

Do u need to take the wheels off to get to the clips... I tried to get it with a small screwdriver but couldn't maneuver to twist

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Taking VB to mechanic that had it last week so they can listen to my engine tick; they reckon they didn't notice anything last week, could be 'normal'.

Lets hope it isn't your lifters

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Lets hope it isn't your lifters

Took it in, mechanic reckons he couldn't hear anything, just a regular agricultural holden red motor. Maybe I just got used to the smooth-as-silk VX, hadn't driven VB for a while.

Will leave it for now

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Do u need to take the wheels off to get to the clips... I tried to get it with a small screwdriver but couldn't maneuver to twist

Nah, just use a stubby screwdriver if you have one. Failing that, turn the wheels to the left to access the right side screw, and vice-versa.