Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Changed oil + oil filter, air filter.

Put in new +60% headlight globes to replace the terrible ones that are absolutely useless on Wyee rd at night with oncoming traffic. Polished the headlight lenses (again) with Rainex to try and clear them up as much as possible.

Changed spark plugs.

Adjusted the handbrake at the lever (bugger doing it at the wheels again for at least another year or so :p)

And my #1 absolute favourite thing to do, ever, out of all things that can be done to a car: Change the fuel filter. Mmm, the scent of spilt petrol flowing past me and the ever-present fear of droplets landing in my eyes is something I look forward to so much. Not to mention the fact that the clips get gummed up and make me feel the removal tool isn't working. Such a fun job, I can't wait for 2 years to pass so I can do it again. Oh, let's not forget the redback spider surprise - you never know when one might just pop out!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Today the VB came back from the body shop. They did a nice job for a reasonable price. They were supposed to remove the double sided foam tape from where I removed the weathershield, but they forgot (car was slotted in at the last minute) I did it tonight myself, ah well gave me something to do. Car looks generally brilliant, but a bit naked without its weathershield. I'm moving on monday, most of my stuff is packed up. Spent yesterday packing up the garage. Today I packed up my gaming stuff. All I have is the computer now to keep me occupied :/

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Changed the spark plug leads on my VT 5L today.
Geez.....What a job.
Couldn't see more than half of the dizzy cap due to the custom manifold.
Had to go by feel most of the time.
More than an hour and a half later......crossed my fingers.....turned the ignition and hey presto, she fired up straight away.

Plugs tomorrow.

Believe me. The dizzy's in there some where.

DSCN3937 (1024x768).jpg

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
went for a drive,not on the car but wired up power to her new home,so much easier to polish vac etc now lol

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Had some fun on the dirt roads and wet paddocks :) much more fun when you've played with the auto shift points so you can compression lockup while cornering :p
although nearly getting bogged wasn't fun..... and a new paint job at the same time.

Almost enthused to finish the paddock basher now......

Last edited:

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
sorry not car related, my bad

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Fitted the sway bar links but couldn't fit the sway bar bushes. Lesson learned, never assume you run stock kit, after a quick measure it seems I run a V8 27mm sway bar.

Wash and polish, now to buy tools for the fun replacing LCA, caster bushes and ball joints tomorrow.

These are free to a good home, I scored a bit I didn't order, PM me:

42043.jpg

22mm rear panhard bushes for a VR/S live axle.