Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Got to work this morning without crashing, exploding, falling apart, or overheating. Instead, fuel economy has improved significantly especially down the freeway since cleaning out the throttle body and plenum.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
so called up to get pricing for a new hub (with ASB and IRS) as per my WOF failing for wheel bearing..
ripco: $455.00
supercheap: don't have a listing for it, only a wheel bearing kit
BNT: $221

We have a winner.
Will pick that up later this arvo.. hopefully get it on tonight as it is pretty easy to do.. as long as I have something to fit the 3x hex bolts.
Drill wire wheel the boot and spray on some underseal.
Put temperory reflector tape on rear lights..

Sounds easy enough.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
got a WOF,,

commy.jpg

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I did an oil change, then decided to finally tackle the failed boot strut. The mount behind the seats tore out about 8 years ago, with all 5 spot welds leaving holes in the metal and bending the bracket, so we've been using a broom handle as a prop ever since.

I'm surprised how thin the metal is back there, I'm planning to drill 3 holes through where some of the welds pulled out and use washers on either side to spread the load a bit, with nyloc nuts to keep it secure. Anyone see an issue with this?

As a bonus I found 40c under the rears seats when pulling them out. Happy days.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Pulled the ABS fuse out and did some circle work in a friends paddock AWD drifting is fun..
Tommorrow will have to wash it now
dirtycar.jpg

Last edited:

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
Cleaned the air con condenser what a difference it now blows super cold air no more ice ups

there's no need to cut a hole you can access it by removing the fan blower

doing plugs and leads tomorrow to fix slight hesitation on take off

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looked at them and went "they need a wash badly"
although didn't wash them. (hopefully give them a scrub this weekend)
and if washed should also give them a vac aswell

now need to do headlining in the ute. starting to drop on drivers side, undecided if to do a small patch up in the spot or rip it out and do the whole thing.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I took the boot struts out completely last night. I didn't think the one that was left in there was doing anything given how quickly the boot slammed with the other one out but bugger me that sucker is heavy with both out. They can support my weight (~91kg) when I lean on them so I guess once they're both back in they should be fine.

If only I could find the other boot rubber stopper. It's been floating round the house for years because I couldn't figure out where it came from, and now that I know I get the feeling it went to the dump last week.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Replaced the tailgate struts with a $20 pair off eBay. Was amazed at how much stronger the new struts are - one on its own was enough to hold up the tailgate with plenty of pressure to spare. With the two in, I just about have to hang off it to get it to come down.