Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 50th Anniversary
I wouldn't be leaving that socket on for to long (time wise).
Because Mr Murphy is always waiting for us to make decisions that are going to come back & bite us on the arse.
eg. Driving down the road & the socket pops of & goes through the radiator?
Hope not.

Good luck with the car. Hope you have many 1000s of kilometres without any problems!
I'll pull it off tomorrow, I'm just exhausted from today.
This whole thing took way longer than it ever should thanks to that bolt.
Also had personal training earlier today so Exhausted.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'll pull it off tomorrow, I'm just exhausted from today.
This whole thing took way longer than it ever should thanks to that bolt.
Also had personal training earlier today so Exhausted.
1696657141326.png

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I see no benefit at all in doing it.
Either do I :p

But I know some that thing chasing cheaper petrol is worth it.

These people can consume 5 litres by making a specific 50km return trip, out of their normal movenments, just to get to a cheaper place to fill up. They think they've saved some cash but they ignores the fuel used and the vehicle wear and tear that occurs through those specific fuel gathering trip. Yes it's lost on them as they can't comprehend their tyres and brakes also wear out so should be factor in along with the fuel used on said trips.

These same folks also think they are saving the environment by driving a smaller engined car which they drive all over the place (including going for drives to rock their baby/grandbaby to sleep).

Meh, It all makes no sence to me and I wouldn't care but these twatts have told me I'm polluting the world because I have a V8 that does a few 1000 kms per year :oops: I tell them with my polluting ways I'm paying for their roads through the huge quantity of fuel i use (and the related taxes i pay) :p

Each to their own :rolleyes:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
finally dug the pig out from under a pile of parts.

In the light of day the reality that I have so much work to do hits hard. Ugh.

But beards ute finally comes home next week so all work goes in to putting that back together for the near future. Mine will wait until 2024 or 2034 whatever :D

IMG_5852.jpeg

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Tried to get the auto out on the weekend, got screwed by one bellhousing bolt on the passenger side. It is the very last bolt before the box can come out. Not quite enough room to get a 1/2 inch drive socket in there, a 3/8" drive barely fits, and this is with the back of the box dropped down. Can fit a ring spanner in there but it fouls on the collector.

Many swear words were said, by the time I resolved to removing the passenger extractor it was too late so called it a day :p