Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The guard bolts are quite expensive for all Commodores because they use 10 gauge hex head screws. By going to the effort of removing the guards and swapping the 10g speed nuts for stainless M8 threaded speed nuts and using far more affordable metric dress bolts, it’s suddenly a practical project.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I’ve been giving the Red VZ a bit of a birthday.

View attachment 263459
Painted the grill in PPG satin black expoxy enamel. It’s like new again. Did the old badge in shadow chrome. Went too dark though. I used to have a gloss black one there.

View attachment 263463
Stainless hardware on the grill and top of the bumper.

View attachment 263462
Stainless dress bolts on the headlights and relay box.

View attachment 263464
316 Stainless on the strut brace. Some dress bolts on the gas struts.

View attachment 263461
Put some 316 Stainless flanged nuts on the ABS and ECM.

Also did 316 stainless
Nylocs on the brake master cylinder to booster and a nice 316 stainless socket head on the front of the master cylinder.

View attachment 263460
You’ll see the flash wiper assembly. I’m going to do a thread on that. I’m reasonably happy with the engine bay. I will do the guard bolts but the guards have to come off to swap out to threaded clips underneath.

I also made a better earth strap between the firewall and the body. It has solved a few electrical niggles. Would highly recommend doing on any VT-VZ.
View attachment 263466
Ok,Ok. I’ll have to break out some rags and clean my engine bay now.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm never posting another picture of my cars, you guys embarrass the rest of us with your cleanliness!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I miss having access to all those stainless nuts and bolts for nothing...

Toy went well today, fantastic day for a drive, had some fun with a few coming up and winding down windows, and the place was loaded with cars including a Mini with a WRX engine in the rear (thing was mint)

Now to look at the weather forecast for next Sunday as there is a Planes and Cars thing on.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I miss having access to all those stainless nuts and bolts for nothing...

Toy went well today, fantastic day for a drive, had some fun with a few coming up and winding down windows, and the place was loaded with cars including a Mini with a WRX engine in the rear (thing was mint)

Now to look at the weather forecast for next Sunday as there is a Planes and Cars thing on.

Pics?
Also where is thr planes and cars thing next week?

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thinking of buying these if they are still for sale in a bit. I already have six, but would love to have 10. I have three dead straight ones and if I can get these I could have a full set of straight ones, plus some spares. Plus when I eventually get around to painting them I could paint four instead of two, which might make me finish the ones I have stripped and straightened sitting on my shelves.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/762736192431274?ref=saved&referral_code=null

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Thinking of buying these if they are still for sale in a bit. I already have six, but would love to have 10. I have three dead straight ones and if I can get these I could have a full set of straight ones, plus some spares. Plus when I eventually get around to painting them I could paint four instead of two, which might make me finish the ones I have stripped and straightened sitting on my shelves.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/762736192431274?ref=saved&referral_code=null

Do it, nothing wrong with spares as long as the better half doesn't catch you

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Do it, nothing wrong with spares as long as the better half doesn't catch you
And this is why I have 90% of parts shipped to work

The other 10% of parts get shipped home, that way she has something to question me about, which keeps her happy

Her: " the car sounds/goes different"
Me: " I fitted that new air filter that got delivered, remember that"
Her: "Ummm, Ok then"

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
And this is why I have 90% of parts shipped to work

The other 10% of parts get shipped home, that way she has something to question me about, which keeps her happy

Her: " the car sounds/goes different"
Me: " I fitted that new air filter that got delivered, remember that"
Her: "Ummm, Ok then"
my partner gets things sent to work, mainly because our postie is an ass.

but he knows he can't really sneak parts past me. Some people think its a perk having a car girlfriend, the Bearded one will tell you its not :D
no sneaking parts into cars without being noticed, no 'special' water pumps, fighting over who is using the hoist next etc.....

Plus the 'fun car fund' is one of our joint accounts, so I can see all of the debits....... :p