Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Did 400km today in some terrible weather. Love the RainX and the new Hankook tires, the front end feels stable on wet roads. Pushed it much harder than in the past. Only tapped the limiter once...

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Had a mad vibration in the Fozza 80kms and over, instantly knew it was a drive shaft. Had a spare and tackled it today..

Yea she's fkd. Inner house had to be jimmied out. Right is old one
View attachment 266653

Interesting they us 3 rollers for the CV, not a ball bearing and cage arrangement.

The development and art of CV shafts is quite interesting.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Back home again after just over 800km road trip, cut it short by over 100km as I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to spread my germs potentially.

Definitely happy with the new tires, lots of grip wet or dry. May consider putting something similar (but wider) on the Calais if I can find new rims I like.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mr24's BMW is getting some love today.

2 new light fittings in the boot lid (one was damaged) so changed both to the euro style. New intake tube from the MAF to the TB, the OEM unit had already been repaired but was failing and had a hole it it.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well that turned into a battle. I thought Mr24 had almost finished fitting the new intake pipe but I was wrong. The OEM part is 2 piece made of a fairly soft rubber, the new one is a single piece of moulded rubber/silicone and it seems it sitting on a shelf somewhere it has become slightly misshaped that it won't fit properly. The big problem is the TB on the BMW is down low under the intake manifold where there is no room to work. But after an hour of fluffing about I managed to make it fit and be able to do up the various hose clamps and we've got it all back together running again so he can go to work in the morning.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I got a flat tyre on my wagon this morning...

I probably need a holiday from here as a result...Didn't get the torque specs for the wheel nuts off here before I did the wheel nuts up on the spare and I drove to and from work without checking them...:eek:

Luckily I made it to work and back home in one piece without the wheel coming off, so that's got to be a plus...

Will wait for my punishment for failure to check and torque the wheel nuts up...:)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I got a flat tyre on my wagon this morning...

I probably need a holiday from here as a result...Didn't get the torque specs for the wheel nuts off here before I did the wheel nuts up on the spare and I drove to and from work without checking them...:eek:

Luckily I made it to work and back home in one piece without the wheel coming off, so that's got to be a plus...

Will wait for my punishment for failure to check and torque the wheel nuts up...:)

I changed the starter motor on my SSV a few weeks ago, which necessitated removing the extractors on the drivers side, and didn’t use a torque wrench for any of it. I’m sure your spare wheel will be fine.