Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
finally put the new radiator in last night. much excite.
noticed the lower rad support was a little bent when I took the radiator out originally the other week, but the spare alloy I shoved in for the flush fit fine, so carry on.

re fitting the rebuild original rad was a nightmare last night. Turns out that little bend in the lower rad support is causing no end of issues. forced it all in, fought with the side brackets for a while and then after refilling it with coolant and bleeding, went to refit the CAI and the whole thing twisted and popped the securing clip. Nothing is lining up.

to say I lost my **** was an understatement. adding to my frustration was the hoist and shed was full, this was going to be a quick fix, so just did it just outside the shed door. which ended up cold, wet and very dark and took way longer than it was supposed to. Which is Murphys law & I should know better by now.

drove it back into the shed and went to the couch to sulk. now its going to be saturdays job to pull it all out again, straighten the lower support and refit the whole lot again. Awesome waste of 12Ls of coolant :rolleyes:
From the pic of the day thread.....

87216449.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
And I'm sorry for that, I had the poc lined up, going top down lol

Keep on fighting

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Radiator update - pulled it all out again. Did some sketchy **** to straighten the support.

Still went back in crooked. Pulled it out again for a closer look over. I noticed the side mounting lug has been installed wrong way around on one side ‍♀️ that explains why it didn’t fit right and twisted the other night.

Need to wait til Monday now to get hold of radiator repair to take it back again.

Back to trailer repair’s and painting I guess.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Radiator shop is closed for 2 weeks.
Leaving for red centre nats in just over 2 weeks. FML.

Honestly if it wasn’t for bad luck I would have no luck.

Have you been taking notice of @losh1971 :)

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Changed plugs in the snot box and individually insulated plug leads on driver's side.
Replaced the blown up air box lid with one with a 'blow up valve' in it...Found the bottom air box had the back blown out of it.
Found a massive split in the inlet hose. Upullit tomorrow to get bits,glad for the break from the rain and wind.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
radiator update - I pinged the facebook page (thats how I found out about 2 weeks holidays) and they arranged another place to fix it.
Went there first thing this morning and inside of 10 mins, got it sorted out. *happy dancing* spent far more time in peak hour traffic than the repair :rolleyes:

radiator install round #92 tonight I guess!

yesterday I cleaned the old VS ute seats & switched out the clubby seats back to the originals.
For sale soon set of VS Clubsport seats ;)

other half & daughter got stuck into skid prep for her first comp next weekend in her VS mang. Just pretending I didn't see black rubber in the middle of the yard from 'testing'

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Changed plugs in the snot box and individually insulated plug leads on driver's side.
Replaced the blown up air box lid with one with a 'blow up valve' in it...Found the bottom air box had the back blown out of it.
Found a massive split in the inlet hose. Upullit tomorrow to get bits,glad for the break from the rain and wind.
seen some pretty cool airbox setups for gas in the past. bit of rubber flap over a hole seemed to work quite well actually.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Got my parts today,went to change the bottom air box and found one of the mounts had broken...Had to trim off all of the rubber and grind a slot in the top and undid with screwdriver.
First pic is the new improved 'Flap'o'matic', second is what the IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0550.JPG inlet hose looked like.
Now to drive it round for a while,then scan codes again.