Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted wrong thread.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
What chu talking about Willis?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was on my phone and I thought was posting in the garage thread. Turns out I posted in the VR/VS thread.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I was on my phone and I thought was posting in the garage thread. Turns out I posted in the VR/VS thread.
Should be here.

Getting old too fast​

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Replaced heater tap and a crunchy heater hose along with the top and bottom radiator hoses whilst putting a spare radiator in ready for the power flush on Tuesday.

Painted the bracket for the cruise control again, used heat proof paint this time, should last longer than the last paint job on it.

Once you start pulling stuff off, the original job takes 3 times as long as I’m cleaning and replacing all sorts of random crap as I find it.

This started with tracking down a trans fluid leak and I’ve pulled apart half of the cooling system instead
Old cars….

slowly becoming newer :p

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Went to bunnings this morning. The brake pads on the ute started grinding on the rotors so I called in to Bursons and picked up some front pads. I got $9 discount due to being a member of the Ipswich classic and muscle car club, nearly half my yearly membership fee.

Then the trouble started, I could not get the pads to fit. When my neighbour got home I asked him. Turns out I was trying to put the pads in upside down, what a dummy.

I have some front 4 pot callipers off a r32 in the shed that used to be on the vh until I got the gts brakes, still toying with fitting them. Incredible that the banjo bolt that holds the brake hose to the calliper is identical to the holden one. However that is for tomorrow.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
The drama continues. I couldn't get the brake nipple on the left hand caliper undone so I thought I would try the 4 pot calipers that I had on the vh. No such luck even with chopping a bit off the brackets so I took the offending caliper to the brake people. I should get it back tomorrow.

I think there was someone I believe who was from Tasmania that made brackets to fit the r32 4 pot caliper. Does anyone remember who it was and does he still make them?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
I picked up the caliper from the brake place this morning. The woman who we know through walking our dogs asked if I had bought a big wallet with me. Cost to remove the bleeded nipple and replace it with a new one was $4.80. I had to raid the parking meter money as it would have been a bit silly to pay with a card, luckily I had just enough. So the brakes are back together, I took it for a run to bed the new pads in, all is well.

Looks like I will have to make a bracket if I want to fit the 4 pot calipers, no biggy really and I am not in any great hurry either.