Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wouldn't have thought there would be much need for a/c in Tas anyway losh.....:p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah well the final bill
Was 610 bucks.:(:(:(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I may have a dodgy tx valve we only found out once the gas went in

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ute's at the garage getting the right side getting a new strut top and bump stop kit fitted. Also fitting the other rebuilt CA. Only one important job left to do and that is the tail shaft bearing. That will be next year I suspect, since yesterday more than cleaned me out. Hey but at least I can drive with my windows up now and not bake. And yes VS 5.0 we do need aircon sometimes lol. Although we need heaters more and that is another thing I will need fixed before next May. Because I am not doing another sub zero winter with a luke warm heater....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Right strut boot, bump stop, strut top and CA replaced at the mech's. $60 again, really happy about that that price is awesome. Myself I just got underneath and degreased some more of the underbody and cross member. Hit it with the Karcher but had to stop when my feet were standing in an inch of water. Think I have got pretty well good under there. I reckon the trans tech will be happy his hands will stay fairly clean compared to what they would have had I not cleaned underneath. Once the water dries up a bit I will get under again and have a good look and hit it with some brake cleaner if I still see spots I've missed. If I decide to I might reverse the ute into the shed and hit the diff housing as that has 10 years worth of oil and mud-cake on it, by the looks of it.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Back on bikes for a sec ,after seeing what you guys are paying for rego I'm not complaining, got two, the smaller is a 1993 Suzuki RF600 costs about $350 for rego, always thought that was pretty good now I know.
Wozza that bike of yours looks great, love it it'd be great fun.
Losh your in tazzy how do not have your bike there and enjoying some of those great bike roads.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Now to vr/vs a month ago ute starts blowing fuel pump fuses ,left me stranded literally as soon as you activate pump fuse pops. Got it towed to mechanics and they've gone yeap pump, so second pump in a year. Go to leave mechanics after they've installed a new one blows another fuse, he's at a loss so managed to get it home before another fuse blew. Did a bit of checking over a week, found a couple of small issues but nothing that I recon would cause problem.
So after another week of not using it because I don't trust it, armed with a hand full of fuses take it to auto elects.
They found some bared wires where pump wiring goes from tank cavity back through wall.
Also got my dash cluster repaired.
Picked it up last Friday, drove off and 2 minutes down the road return to them as the auto power switch isn't lighting up and cruise control now isn't working.
They find that a globe was left out of power light but can't get cruise working. Because I'm feeling very 5ltr deprived I take it home and drop it back down on Tuesday.
I ring them today to see what's happening and they say they've checked everything they disturbed and it's still not working.
So I pick it up, do me chores eg food shopping extra and such and now I can say bullshit you checked stuff as I've taken the steering column covers of and hay presto the cruise control wiring plug was not connected.
You pay good money for stuff and they can't even put everything back together, at least it was an easy fix. Sorry I had to rant as I wasn't very happy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Far out mate that is a bit ordinary. Do you have got a ute or a sedan? Fiance's step dad said sedans and wagon are really prone to the bear wires shorting out, pretty common he said. He asked me when I fitted a new pump in the ute about bare wires but I don't think utes might have the same issue as all my cables were fine. I only changed my pump to ensure I wasn't left stranded on the way to work with no mob coverage for an hour of the journey as I was getting up close to 200k and in-tank pumps have a life of about 200k if you just run regular unleaded which most people would in an old car.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it's a ute , tanks been out a few times this year because the return line was perished and I tried splicing it in the hope I wouldn't have to change it . Yeah didn't think I'd put much pressure on wiring but you never know.
I'm happy because it seams they found and repaired the problem, just annoyed they didn't acknowledge they they had disturbed wiring and managed to unplug stuff and then not check and fix what I believe is blatantly their cause especially as with chasing faults and all it wasn't cheap. To think on Tuesday morning instead of taking it to them i could of done what I ended up doing today and been using the ute all week, yeah!!
Don't get me wrong I'm lucky, have 4 registered vehicles , love them all but you have you favorite and the one you have decided is your daily and for me that's the ol 5ltr and I've really been missing it this last month.
Plus you pay good money to places that have been recommended and you expect good service and accountability.
At least I've got it back and hopefully it seams to be good and back to using it.
Been wanting to do a few things around the house and need the ute to achieve

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah mistakes happen even by qualified people but it's when people don't admit to it because it ultimately will cost them money in time that what is bad IMHO.