Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Replaced my shift solenoids, now it's a slush box again.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Last week replaced the serpentine belt tensioner and coolant. took it for a check before i took it for a safety cert. Strut tops crushed, tie rods ends, engine mounts, front lower control arm bushes, tension strut bushes, upper rear control arm bushes. Gonna learn about Commodores real quickly

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
Could smell hot oil. Pulled over. Rats had taken some of the lining under the bonnet and made a nice nest above the spark plugs on the left side of the engine. These had absorbed a fair bit of oil and were a bit on the nose from the heat. Guess there's an oil leak there somewhere. Took the engine cover off but didn't see anything obvious.

Also replaced the cigarette lighter fuse again - finally figured out why it keeps blowing randomly. There's a metal 'nut' that holds the lighter socket into the dash, and holds the illumination shroud around it. Sometimes it falls off. Rarely, it positions itself between ground and hot, vaporising the fuse.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I has the same
Trying sort out a dodgy FRH electric window. pulled the motor of the regulator and it was OK. Having a hard time replacing the regulator as I didn't count the teeth where the motor meshed. Motor work OK and window will go down, but not up. Switches are OK, so maybe BCU?
issue. Tested it off the car and it worked fine. Bridged the switch and no up! Seems like on a VS the BCM runs them, so I went retro and installed a manual winder. Have the same issue with teh teeth on the winder!

steve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Auto, 5 Speed ED Falcon.
Also replaced the cigarette lighter fuse again - finally figured out why it keeps blowing randomly. There's a metal 'nut' that holds the lighter socket into the dash, and holds the illumination shroud around it. Sometimes it falls off. Rarely, it positions itself between ground and hot, vaporising the fuse.

yeah mate that one can be a bitch my fuse melted through the plastic and i could smell burning while driving, freaked out but it was just that fuse, nother time i shocked myself trying to tighten the garbage "nut" while driving ahahah

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I has the same

issue. Tested it off the car and it worked fine. Bridged the switch and no up! Seems like on a VS the BCM runs them, so I went retro and installed a manual winder. Have the same issue with teh teeth on the winder!

How does that work? I installed a new manual reg on mine and the teeth position is set there is no way to change it unless you dismantle the reg. Are the VS not the same as VR?

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I took the motor
How does that work? I installed a new manual reg on mine and the teeth position is set there is no way to change it unless you dismantle the reg. Are the VS not the same as VR?
I took the motor off the reg to test it and clean it. It worked fine and since it didn't work when the switch was bridged, figured it was the BCM so changed the window to a manual. I did not mark the teeth when I pulled it off.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Then I assume you didn't install the entire manual reg? Or is the VS different to a VR one. I replaced my manual reg and it was just bolt in, no counting teeth, as it can only fit in one position no adjustment, nothing.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Went to the wreckers yesterday. Must say even though I am finding my $2400 ute is turning into a time consuming machine, I am pleasantly surprised how cheap the parts are at the wreckers. I was used to the price at the wreckers for 4WD parts, hence I rarely shopped there as it was often cheaper to buy new parts from the US.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Then I assume you didn't install the entire manual reg? Or is the VS different to a VR one. I replaced my manual reg and it was just bolt in, no counting teeth, as it can only fit in one position no adjustment, nothing.
The motors are bolted on to the electric ones and when taken of the spring loaded arm moves.