Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
new exhaust twin 2.5 to 3.5 inch single with long truck muffler, getting magnaflow cats fitted next week when they show up.
fixed idle stepper issue, headlights, now down to tach/speedo/o2wideband/water inj.
Took it for a run around the block, gave it a stab in 2nd and it blew tyres off right away, did the same in 3rd,
ONly reving it to 3000rpm as no water inj and 2nd set of injectors being a pain.
1st dyno pull was 259kw but was leaning out due to 2nd set of injectors playing up.
Still has heaps more left in just need 1000km or so for engine to settle in then back to the dyno

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i fitted today a vx/vy booster/mc i won on ebay last week ,what a big difference im glad i went that way as i was in two minds, stay with same which is 23 years old or just fit a vt/vy m/c with the spacer

done a lot of reading on here and followed markovr bench bleeding method
i haven t even bled the brakes yet and there perfect, i will do that on the weekend

i did a have some little dramas, the rod wouldn t slip on the pedal until i twisted it 180 and those little plastic screws that holds the plastic cover under the dash
the gregorys says screw them out
after wasting 30-40 minutes i just pull them out with pair of pliers

she got ve brakes on now but but i have the option going back to vt-vz

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Stick can the MC be used with VR VS stock calipers? Will it make an improvement using stock calipers?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
not with the vr/vs standard calipers losh i read a threads not on this forum where there fitted vt booster /mc to factory single piston brakes and
Stick can the MC be used with VR VS stock calipers? Will it make an improvement using stock calipers?
the pedal is to hard but the vt brake stuff is cheaper compare to vr/vs and you can run 15inch wheels we have them on the vz

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Arrhh OK, VT MC must be a bigger diameter piston than VR/VS. Yeah that would reduce the pressure and given the VR is single piston we need extra pressure. From what I understand it's not just a matter of swapping the calipers, I believe you need brackets?? I will make the stockies work best I can.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Arrhh OK, VT MC must be a bigger diameter piston than VR/VS. Yeah that would reduce the pressure and given the VR is single piston we need extra pressure. From what I understand it's not just a matter of swapping the calipers, I believe you need brackets?? I will make the stockies work best I can.
vt-z calipers bolt strait on no brackets just cut the guard behind the hub and get the rings to centralize the vt rotors and two hoses made
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-to-vt-brake-upgrade.75831/

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Link to the bracket sticky3?
I have vz hsv master/booster in the garage.

I fitted my new heater tap today, and rerouted heater feed hoses to tidy engine bay. Then a new breather filter.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
That link doesn't work.
But I will keep browsing ebay for it
when i posted that link it only had 20 odd minutes for the auction to end and he hasn t relisted it i just checked .....ebay name is comm4114