Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VY/VZ today?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I see you have an alloy PS reservoir. Any chance of a photo. I bought one but it didn't fit into the clip very well/ at all.
Would be good to see how yours fits up.

Sure thing. I just got an eBay one and slid it in, no mods necessary. I think it's a game of random chance from eBay

Ls80

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz SS 6ltr crewman
Pulled diff and tailshaft out for rebuild with 4.11 and truetrak. Been needing this bad since motor and conversion to manual was done last year.

Attachments

• 20210705_212234.jpg
    20210705_212234.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 117

Skaindu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore 3.8 wagon
2003 VY 3.8 wagon. Pushed it off the road as it stalled. Cranks but wont start.
Code reader (vident i700) reads P1 372 No reference pulse while cranking.
Now i investigate possibilities.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Finally got the Varex on. Oh yeah. Putts around like a stocky with no drone or noise. Open her up and it's got a nicer note than it did before with the plain 3". Angry, loud rasp. The quality of the new gen are absolutely amazing. Think I'll hard-wire it though

Sure thing. I just got an eBay one and slid it in, no mods necessary. I think it's a game of random chance from eBay

Forgot about this. Ended up ditching it for the OEM. Had two main issues. Couldn't get the damn barbs to keep a seal well. Worst of all being metal, it got really hot and negated the cooler, foamed a few times. No such problems with the plastic reservoir, works great

Reactions: Lex

Skaindu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore 3.8 wagon
2003 VY 3.8 wagon. Pushed it off the road as it stalled. Cranks but wont start.
Code reader (vident i700) reads P1 372 No reference pulse while cranking.
Now i investigate possibilities.
Changed out crank position sensor. $20 on ebay, fixed. also cleaned a dirty beach sand build up from the interruptor rings on the harmonic balancer.
Also bought a harmonic balancer puller from super cheap, plus three 1/4" unf x 4" bolts from a ye olde bolt shoppe.
All good.
My wagon lives again

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
change the vz oil & filter today

terry1971197

Terry
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore, V6 3.6 Alloytec, Station Wagon.
Seems like the VYs VZs dont get much love or do they? Share with us your latest task on your beloved....

Me personally... a 90yo granny decided she try to park as close as she could to my rear bumper and her number plate scratched up all the paint on the bar grrr
In the last few Months I have replaced 6 coil packs from the wreckers, 6 second hand injectors, air cleaner (brand new), changed the engine oil and filter, BCM, ECU, PIM, fobs, repaired and spray painted the rear bumper that was damaged when coasting down a hill without the boat trailer properly attached, all I have to fix now is the remote locking that intermittently doesn't work, apart from that, it has been really good.

Edited: I also cleaned the air flow sensor, and I need to fix the wireless aerial, it doesn't go all the way down. I will give an update if any other any other recent problems come to mind.

Last edited:

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
In the last few Months I have replaced 6 coil packs from the wreckers, 6 second hand injectors, air cleaner (brand new), changed the engine oil and filter, BCM, ECU, PIM, fobs, repaired and spray painted the rear bumper that was damaged when coasting down a hill without the boat trailer properly attached, all I have to fix now is the remote locking that intermittently doesn't work, apart from that, it has been really good.
Photo of it or its not true