Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What has happened to head units?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Hey ****wit... Take note of what I quoted. I didn't even know you were the tool whinging about LHD controls, since that was 2 weeks ago.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
FM transmitters are definitely versatile, but also tend to give pretty low quality music. Going from FM transmitter to direct Aux-In makes a huge difference to the quality of music reproduction Having said that, if all you're after is scratchy radio-quality music, it may not bother you.

I had a belkin fm lent to me for a trip and found the sound quality limited.
the high frequencies were highly attenuated, reduced dynamic range and the signal noise ratio was noticeably poor.....lots of hiss. It wasnt even close to fm radio quality and possibly was not even up to the standard of a low grade tape deck without any noise reduction.....this was all played through the standard eurovox setup on my vx....mild fidelity at best.....but it was obvious the Belkin was a piece of rubbish. The unit was only a metre from the aerial.

Hence my quest to get a new hu, thats near as easy to use as the factory eurovox setup.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Hey ****wit... Take note of what I quoted. I didn't even know you were the tool whinging about LHD controls, since that was 2 weeks ago.

Why add to a thread without checking what has gone on previously, if it was a new thread then the pathetic reply of yours would be perhaps acceptable......if you cant be bothered, dont post.....is that simple enough? go back to whatever you are good at.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Why would I read a 3 month old thread when you had obviously quoted the guy above you? I replied to your statement about the USB getting in the way and gave the recommendation of getting a unit that uses a flylead. That was a useful response TO YOUR POST.

If you're going to be rude when people are clearly trying to help you, don't bother posting. We're here to help each other not ****ing argue about stupid ****.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Why would I read a 3 month old thread when you had obviously quoted the guy above you?

so you can give an informed reply???

because he was referring to what i quoted earlier in the thread...3 months ago?.....must be working of a different calendar than I use.

That was a useful response TO YOUR POST.

If you're going to be rude when people are clearly trying to help you, don't bother posting. We're here to help each other not ****ing argue about stupid ****.

Unfortunately you havent helped at all, just annoyed the hell out of me with your condescending and patronising tone and failure to address my concerns
:
Most brands assume the remote control they provide would be used while driving, so volume knob location isn't that important.
Several brands offer steering wheel remotes for people who can't keep track of a loose remote.
Buy a brand that has the USB socket on a fly lead. At least you know what NOT to buy

You have just dismissed my needs as unimportant because you dont see a need and then just give patronising advice as though I are some novice that hasnt even bothered to check out what most units are offering. It should be obvious from my very first contribution to the thread that I have sussed out what is currently available, but not to you unfortunately.

Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yes, a 3 month old thread. It started on 1/05/08 and that post was on the 1/08/08. Do you have to argue everything?

Here you go:
211_kleenex.JPG

I'm here to help people who want help, not argue with idiots.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Its obvious from this reply that you didnt take my complaint of no rhd models seriously and believed I should be ridiculed and dismissed in the patronising manner you did. I dont expect you to change things(your just a dweeb(, however, if enough people realise there is a problem and refuse to buy the rubbish that is foisted upon us, then maybe we'll see some specific catering for rhd markets....maybe not.
Obviously gm was able to stipulate rhd requirements when it negotiated with manufacturers for the fact setups.

three months, 2weeks, what's the difference..... you cant remember how you annoyed me two weeks ago.......must make life difficult if you cant remember that far.
It doesnt really matter how old the thread is, perhaps if it is 10 pages long, please dont bother me or anyone else with your useless patronising advice again.....

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I've never had a problem with bumping anything plugged into the USB port on the right-hand side...

But I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately I have never seen at any point in my searching through Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion or Kenwood, that they create units with the controls on the opposite side.

Perhaps emailing them might encourage them (assuming other people are requesting the same thing) to consider creating head units with the controls on the opposite side? If the demand is great enough, one brand could easily take control of that particular portion of the market if nobody else does.

But by the same token, you may be the only person in the world who requests reversed controls and they'll say "Sorry, but no."

Just a thought.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
A reasoned response ^:thumbsup:

That's why Ive alerted people to the prob here, trying out the unit in a store, no one is likely to give the problem a second thought.
Just myself whinging is not going to achieve anything, more people giving salesman an earful about why the dont want a particular unit will eventually filter its way back to the manufacturers and they will come to the party.

Im actually amazed at the japanese consumer puts up with this, or do they get different models.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Clarion used to have a simple DD Deck that had the volume control on the right and tuner control on the left....installed a few of those and ****ed me over everytime when showing the customer its feature...

After 10years of experience it' so customary to just reach for the left side knob to adjust the volume. I hated that unit....stil do! LOL

Many units released in Japan and designed for Japan have the volume on the right. I like the ones that have it right in the damn center...now, that is some cool ****!