Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is happening to GM

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Maybe the GMSV/HSV RHD converted Camaro was not the success it was supposed to be at the price it was, compared to the price of a factory RHD Mustang, and the Aus bad taste of GM /gm.

And to add to the confusion of extended Holden servicing being pulled by ACDelco a few weeks ago, GMSV latest clickbait.........

Your Holden Commodore could be on the road even longer! GMSV set to honour Holden service and spare parts beyond required 10-year mark - Car News | CarsGuide

Round and round the Mulberry Bush.

True, they've sold a maintenance prominence / lie.
I don't mind the look of the Mustang soo would take over!!!
The Camaro is not anywhere near ( I believe ) $30k / $40k plus better!!!

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Isn't GMSV what was HSV but with some GM backing so they can flog some oversize/overpriced truck and 2 seat $145k sports car =something every Family just absolutely needs and can afford.
Shorly the camaro would make a little more sense especially as going to be a shape that in that farce that's has become supercars.
The price we pay for these trucks is a lot more than they pay in the US. In the US Ram's, Silverado etc are cheap They're not like what we pay over here over $100k for a car, over there they're cheap so 1000s of people own them. I'm sure GM and Chrysler love it when one sells in Australia because, even with the costs of importing they are still making a ton more money than one sold locally.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Gotta remember the Luxury Car Tax, the tax designed to help the local car manufacturing industry...........

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Isn't GMSV what was HSV but with some GM backing so they can flog some oversize/overpriced truck and 2 seat $145k sports car =something every Family just absolutely needs and can afford.
Shorly the camaro would make a little more sense especially as going to be a shape that in that farce that's has become supercars.
Aren't Walkinshaw (former owner's of HSV) now doing stuff like Volkswagon Amaroks?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Walkinshaw do a range of vehicles now including LDV. Not sure if this is a new thing or not?
Having said that, I apparently have Walkinshaw suspension. If it truly is, I'm not overly impressed. I would have expected a fair bit better handling given tbe price tag it comes with.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Aren't Walkinshaw (former owner's of HSV) now doing stuff like Volkswagon Amaroks?

YES, Tom Walkinshaw = that VL eventually became HSV , his son owns/runs = now GMSV = to keep business alive post GM Holden can't blame them = keep business alive and people employed and supply.
But unfortunately = even more niche( priced out of = exclusive ) than before = $100k + Silverado or $145K+ 2 seat sports cars ) verious a reasonable priced performance sedan/ wagon /ute== lost the people plot .
toffee nozed !!!
Yes , I looked at joining NSW HSV club ( because of my VS Maloo), went to a few meets but last one missius attended as well and spelt a few home truths to me = lots of toffee nozed = we're above you/ not very welcoming = ( there were a couple of exceptions but overall!!! )WTF = a slightly more performance car than a Holden SS .
Might add have joined a local car club = way more friendly = = their motto = if you like we like= so much variety and friendship!!

Sorry got a bit of a rant going= carried away!!!!!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Maybe the GMSV/HSV RHD converted Camaro was not the success it was supposed to be at the price it was, compared to the price of a factory RHD Mustang, and the Aus bad taste of GM /gm.

And to add to the confusion of extended Holden servicing being pulled by ACDelco a few weeks ago, GMSV latest clickbait.........

Your Holden Commodore could be on the road even longer! GMSV set to honour Holden service and spare parts beyond required 10-year mark - Car News | CarsGuide

Round and round the Mulberry Bush.

Pheonixing.

Illegal.

But who is going to hold them to account ?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Pheonixing.
Illegal.
But who is going to hold them to account ?

Only illegal if you don't know somebody who knows somebody who can get things done by contacting somebody else in a high place with money.

Last edited: