Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is your Holden worth now!

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Agree with this. Insured value is not a good correlation to what the car is worth.

My 2016 SS Black is insured for 52k but I would be lucky to get something close to 40K. Probably closer to 35K

Worth getting "Bill round the corner" to [cough] disappear it then!

EDIT

Cheapest driven motorsport $49,900 @ 63,598 km
Cheapest very low km motorsport $69,000 @ 900 km
Cheapest delivery km motorsport $86,990 @ 25 km (with rear spoiler)
And a delusional owner's motorsport $120,000 @ 4,700 km

$120k and not even any pictures!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Agree with this. Insured value is not a good correlation to what the car is worth.

My 2016 SS Black is insured for 52k but I would be lucky to get something close to 40K. Probably closer to 35K
Yep. 100% agree, my Z Series is currently insured for 40K.
What’s it worth? Whatever I can get for it.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Mine is still insured for 60, Redbook has it valued between 45 and 50, but mine has only 8k on the clock so is worth a lot more than that.

One good thing about values staying high is that they will stay out of reach of bogans who would trash them into the ground.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
I had noticed that most prices of vf v8s have dropped since i got mine a year ago,lucky im not selling it!
Everything has dropped pricewise except lsa hsvs.... why cant they start getting cheaper....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Mine is still insured for 60, Redbook has it valued between 45 and 50, but mine has only 8k on the clock so is worth a lot more than that.

One good thing about values staying high is that they will stay out of reach of bogans who would trash them into the ground.

It's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it...
There are hundreds for sale right now...321 VF 2 SS in all variants to be specific.
Cheapest is 26k...
With a few in the 80k range mark (which is clearly delusional)..
It seems like supply outweighs the demand atm and if you follow the adds you will notice most cars sit there for weeks/months...

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Not meaning to be rude but new low k motorsports are still available for $69k with full 7 year warranty (may be meaningless since Holden is dead) and free 7 years of service included (ditto). So why why would one pay $60k for a redline when they can get one for much less, probably low is and warranty/free service.

To me 8000kms, 30000kms, hardly makes a difference in a relatively new car... much more important to know the service and crash (insurance) history...

But if your happy to pay a couple of 100 more per year in insurance for peace of mind if the car is written of, that’s fair enough...

As for bogans, if anything, we want a big price drop, lots of bogans buying and writing off these vehicles so that only a few are left, then values will shoot up :p

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Heck, if they had forums in the 20’s, the discussions around Packards and their future values would likely have been similar, but who wants a Packard today? Not many...

Something like a Deusenberg on the other hand....

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Not meaning to be rude but new low k motorsports are still available for $69k with full 7 year warranty (may be meaningless since Holden is dead) and free 7 years of service included (ditto). So why why would one pay $60k for a redline when they can get one for much less, probably low is and warranty/free service.
On carsales there is only one brand new motorsport for 69k, that's hardly a lot to choose from.
To me 8000kms, 30000kms, hardly makes a difference in a relatively new car... much more important to know the service and crash (insurance) history...

The difference may not seem like a lot now, but in a few years time when many of these cars which have been used as dailys begin approaching 200k, having one with low k's will make a massive difference.

As for bogans, if anything, we want a big price drop, lots of bogans buying and writing off these vehicles so that only a few are left, then values will shoot up :p
Not really, I would much prefer to see these cars preserved and looked after rather than trashed and written off by bogans.
I'm not really bothered about future resale as I don't intend to sell, it's just a nice feeling knowing that the values of these cars have remained strong unlike most other mainstream cars which are worth nothing after a few years.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Everything has dropped pricewise except lsa hsvs.... why cant they start getting cheaper....

Nah..I'm ok with their current ticket price lol..

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily