Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Fried on the meth is the term your looking for. The house I worked at Thursday the junkie next door was showing us a pile of plastics and inertia pieces from a VB VC all of them rooted been in the rain for 5 years he told us they are worth heaps. It turns them into **** collectors.
Even when they get off it the tax payer is going to be stuck with a heap of nuffys that think they know everything.

The thing that really makes me laugh over all this is, as soon as Holden announced they were shutting up shop, word spread around that parts are going to be unobtainable, so everything has to be more expensive and all these people listed crap on the net for drug money, yet when a model was ceased to be produced, nothing was ever said....Parts remained at a sensible price

And of course all these drugged stuffed idiots run with the internet world of it must be worth a mint because the factory shut up shop....

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
There appears to be a lot of talk about drugs on this thread. Maybe it’s just a case of clever people capitalising from idiots who are prepared to fork out.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
There appears to be a lot of talk about drugs on this thread. Maybe it’s just a case of clever people capitalising from idiots who are prepared to fork out.
At the end of the day the market price is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I won’t buy into that bs myself (ie: not paying $600 or so for a gear knob) but obviously some people are otherwise those prices wouldn’t be getting put out there.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
At the end of the day the market price is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I won’t buy into that bs myself (ie: not paying $600 or so for a gear knob) but obviously some people are otherwise those prices wouldn’t be getting put out there.

We wouldn't know if people are actually biting on these stupid prices....

There is one link I put up about a couple of cars that are foobarred and the owner asking absolutely stupid money for, making claims parts are worth stupid money....When I put links up in a message to him for identical parts in a alot better condition for a lot less money, he went really quiet, including asking for contact details for a person alledgely offering stupid money for some of these parts...

Honestly, I think it's people testing the waters, looking for that idiot and wouldn't surprise me if they are falling flat on their faces and getting no=where...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Wouldn't say clever people trying to capitalise on this stuff.....I think it's people testing the waters and more than likely falling flat on their faces......

If you read some ads, they put an item up for sale, with the wording, expressions of interest, or I'm not interesting in selling, just putting it out there, with the stupid price tag to go with it....

It makes it seem like the minister for war and finances is saying get rid of that stuff and the owner is putting a stupid figure on it, so they can show the minister they are making an attempt to sell it, when in fact they don't want to sell it

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
We wouldn't know if people are actually biting on these stupid prices....

There is one link I put up about a couple of cars that are foobarred and the owner asking absolutely stupid money for, making claims parts are worth stupid money....When I put links up in a message to him for identical parts in a alot better condition for a lot less money, he went really quiet, including asking for contact details for a person alledgely offering stupid money for some of these parts...

Honestly, I think it's people testing the waters, looking for that idiot and wouldn't surprise me if they are falling flat on their faces and getting no=where...
Well yes some people are just being stupid but they are normally outliers to the general market price.

Some of the prices though are just the market price now, like the SS manual gear knobs which are around $600 with the boot. The price is insane but that’s just the price because no one is selling below that price except for ratty ones that no one wants.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well yes some people are just being stupid but they are normally outliers to the general market price.

Some of the prices though are just the market price now, like the SS manual gear knobs which are around $600 with the boot. The price is insane but that’s just the price because no one is selling below that price except for ratty ones that no one wants.

Honestly, do we actually know they ae actually selling?

The age old thing was, advertise something, if it didn't sell within a small timeframe, pull the add and re-list it way down the track....Makes it seem like it did sell. The new strategy is re-list it under someone elses details very shortly after, making it seem like that is the going price....

Yes it could very well be selling to, but I guess only the owners of these items would know....

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Honestly, do we actually know they ae actually selling?

The age old thing was, advertise something, if it didn't sell within a small timeframe, pull the add and re-list it way down the track....Makes it seem like it did sell. The new strategy is re-list it under someone elses details very shortly after, making it seem like that is the going price....

Yes it could very well be selling to, but I guess only the owners of these items would know....
They quite possibly are selling if there’s not a big variation in pricing between sellers (provided there’s enough sellers in the market of course).

Generally there will be some sellers that will want to turn over product that will knock the price down if it’s not moving.

Of course limited availability of Holden parts has changed this dynamic as sellers are more likely to hold onto it if they think it will be worth more tomorrow than it is today.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They quite possibly are selling if there’s not a big variation in pricing between sellers (provided there’s enough sellers in the market of course).

Generally there will be some sellers that will want to turn over product that will knock the price down if it’s not moving.

Of course limited availability of Holden parts has changed this dynamic as sellers are more likely to hold onto it if they think it will be worth more tomorrow than it is today.

All models end up having a shortage of parts, but it does look to me that since Holden closed its doors (and I'll just stick to this manufacturer), that shortage seems to have mysteriously become more prevelant....Before they shut their doors, you had model changes, which didn't have a lot of interchangeable parts, but that shortage didn't seem to exist, therefore this "internet" absorbant pricing didn't exist....

I could also go into other manufacturers and how their shut down didn't effect pricing, but I will just stick to our belovid Commodores and how their shut down seems to have had a link with massive price increases for no real reason

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try and buy VE shifter surround under $900. Either they are selling or people are pulling the ads, because at one point there were 6 -7 listed, now there is generally less than two listed. I refuse to pay that price and have repaired mine to save money. I hope to pick up a cheap auto one next week, which someone rattle canned it in Monster Inc colours. If it's decent I might strip it, and paint it. If it's broken like 95% of SH ones I will hack the locking tabs to fix mine some more.
The issue with the shifter surround is they are extremely rare, and worldwide there are no new ones for sale from my hours of searching.
I wish someone would make new ones and sell them for say $160 each as I'd buy one, as I suspect 100s of VE owners would.