Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Try and buy VE shifter surround under $900. Either they are selling or people are pulling the ads, because at one point there were 6 -7 listed, now there is generally less than two listed. I refuse to pay that price and have repaired mine to save money. I hope to pick up a cheap auto one next week, which someone rattle canned it in Monster Inc colours. If it's decent I might strip it, and paint it. If it's broken like 95% of SH ones I will hack the locking tabs to fix mine some more.
The issue with the shifter surround is they are extremely rare, and worldwide there are no new ones for sale from my hours of searching.
I wish someone would make new ones and sell them for say $160 each as I'd buy one, as I suspect 100s of VE owners would.
Salvage Auto list two, one for a series one and one for a series two. Whenyou first look at the ad they are listed at $1 each however when the ad is opened they are listed at $550 and $650. No idea why they have done this.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Salvage Auto list two, one for a series one and one for a series two. Whenyou first look at the ad they are listed at $1 each however when the ad is opened they are listed at $550 and $650. No idea why they have done this.
When l see an add. (for anything) for a $1. l ignore it. I know they are going to be asking bullsh#t prices for it. So don't waste my time.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0

Wow - $650?

Guess im leaving me scratched up one right where it is then

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Even better on eBay, try $950. Absolute price gouging and I'd say some are paying it......

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I think it's people testing the waters and more than likely falling flat on their faces......
I’ve just sold a house for $810,000 that I bought five years ago for $315,000, I’m so happy I tested the water:)

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I’ve just sold a house for $810,000 that I bought five years ago for $315,00. I’m so happy I tested the water:)

Did that house builder just shut up shop causing prices to go stupid for his model houses?

And yeah, house prices have gone stupid over the last year or so....I can see alot of people going belly up because of it

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So can we assume it’s not the drugs?:)

So what would you put it down to, with prices mysteriously going through the roof, just because a manufacturer closed up? The prices for superceded models never went up prior to the shut down