Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what sort of amp do i need

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If u don't want the boot to rattle just for for a 10 inch sub or even a twin set up they can still pump a lot of power but not ridiculous like some if the 12 inches do these days

I havnt really looked at seeing what amp u gonna look at buying but a but a good 2 or 4 channel amp should suit it perfectly

It really depends what u wanna do at the end of the day there's always time to upgrade later

No offence but your post's do not make any sense nor do they answer any of the OP's questions.

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
558270_473231466031367_620229115_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yer that picture lol thanks

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ive decided i wanna get a sub now. Looking to spend 200 to 300 dollars any opinions on some decent ones for that price. Dont really want the boot to rattle though. Does anyone know any good car audio places in perth. Ive been to a few around me and there useless and overpriced. Also will it be ok to run the speakers and sub through the pioneer amp?

What makes you think they are over priced? No point in listening to something that cost's $1000 when all you have to spend is $200.....

I won't reccomend building your own subwoofer enclosure, because you've asked too many beginner questions so enclosure building and tuning would most likely be beyond your capabilities. Best bet would be to buy a pre-fabricated sealed enclosure, but not until you have the subwoofer. Once you have it i suggest doing a few layers of fiberglass on the internals of the enclosure, pre fabs are cheap, usually 16mm mdf, but adding enough fiberglass can address this issue in basic situations.

Aloow $50-70 for the enclosure, a further $50 for the fiberglassing supplies, that leaves you with about $200 out of your budget to source a driver. What you'll be after is something that works well in a small sealed enclosure, and doesn't require too much power, other wise you will be up for a seperate mono block to power the sub.

You can run both the front and rear speakers and the sub from the 4 ch amp, but would involve wiring your speakers in parallel so the amp see's a 2 ohm load, but you will lose your front and rear fader, as both the front and rear will be receiving equal power and be driven as one set basically, not ideal.

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
What makes me think there overpriced, look in a car audio shop then look on ebay and the price difference is sometimes half if not a little bit less than half.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey Luke, that is a really valid point! For some people it's worth paying that extra money. Often times when you go into a store, your going to speak to someone like me. So in that instance, your buying the amp and my experience and advice. Perhaps you don't need my advice? But I'm guessing you do to a certain extent otherwise you wouldn't be asking the questions here. Oh, plus I'm also guessing you've already been into a store and asked me those questions and Ive given you a quote (please, this is hypothetical) Now that you have your information you can buy from eBay. So now with another lost sale because I gave away my advice...I have to raise my prices again to keep my doors open.

Then when it all goes wrong, you bring it to me for several reasons. Often the seller has disappeared, wants you to pay for postage there and back on a 3kg amplifier and tells you that if the problem is your fault then he won't cover the repair or replacement costs. But often times, when I'm faced with this stuff to repair as I am the authorised repairer for many of these brands. I often look at the serial number and find that it's an import model and that if I repair...the manufacturer won't pay me... you've already proven that you won't so it goes unrepaired and you swear and curse at me and then buy another from eBay.... and so the vicious cycle begins.

But honestly, with the economic situation at the moment. I really don't blame you.

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Is it pointless having got the 6*9 now that ive decided to get a sub. Thats what a mate has told me. Will it matter if i have both will.it sound better or worse

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Depends how / why you want to run them. If they are just for rear fill purposes, then who cares. Run them at the same high pass setting as the front, or slightly lower if your amp has separate crossover adjustments.

6 x 9's are typically chosen because they offer more bass, but if you have a sub, then you won't hear the bass from them, you'll hear the sub instead. But if your just keeping the people in the back happy, then it doesn't matter.

Don't to expect to notice anything from the front. Switch your fader all the way to the rear and listen to how it sounds, how much detail it offers, then go all the way to the front. Now why would you want to spend money on the first scenario?

Some people prefer to leave the hole in the parcel shelf empty to allow the sub bass to travel through into the cabin. End of the day it's what you want out of it.

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
If you have 6*9 speakers, is it not worth getting a sub?. From what ive read here people tend to say get a sub not 6*9s. Does it matter if you have both?

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
My bad, came back to read the replies and my question wasnt there, then after i reposted it was.