Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What the F is Connex doing.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Well said :) Saying what others couldn't be bothered typing :p

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Coonex is obviously the sister system of TransAdelaide / AdelaideMetro :(

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yesterday I think was the worst day connex has had.

Trains were bing delayed 30-45min... and then they announced that no frankston trains will be going through the loop indefinately.

So I got to Flinders, found a train... which sat there for half an hour.... then an announcement came over that the had power (I'm assuming the lost is sometime during they day) but they couldn't find a driver for the train...

Another 15min later we were off...

Only upside was I got my "Vent" thing in the MX... go me! lol

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yesterday I think was the worst day connex has had.

Trains were bing delayed 30-45min... and then they announced that no frankston trains will be going through the loop indefinately.

So I got to Flinders, found a train... which sat there for half an hour.... then an announcement came over that the had power (I'm assuming the lost is sometime during they day) but they couldn't find a driver for the train...

Another 15min later we were off...

Only upside was I got my "Vent" thing in the MX... go me! lol

pics or ban!!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haha... alright alright...

Attachments

• MX_Vent.jpg
    MX_Vent.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 131

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The problems with rail network mainly stem from a lack of investment over the past 28 years. I think to a degree its unfair to blame the current goverment for failing to do what other goverment should have done in the past. You cant expect a goverment to fix 28 years worth of problems. Previous goverment should have forseen these problems but like all goverments they'll say they will do something but never will.

This government has been in office for over 1/3 of that time and inherited the best budget position they could dream of from their predecessors who in turn got the state back on track from the Cain/Kirner Labor government. In the last 10 years we have seen this government lurch from disaster to disaster sitting on their hands doing nothing all in attempt to be seen not to **** things up.

If you want one single issue that is representative of this government then look at the Mikey disaster. Honestly - how hard can it be to make a vending machine to sell a train ticket?

Reaper

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
i do not think it is a big issue for air con units to work. Yes they are under alot of strain, bit its the year 2009.

also the tracks could be maintained better. this would stop alot of buckling. the goverment has know about these problems for a long time. but yet do nothing. alot has to do with cost of repairs due to a high wage standards these days.

If connex can not get air cons to work then **** them off and give the contract to another. we use various contractors, if they do not perform we let them know we want better, if they still dont perform we take the contract and give someone else a go.

i think maybe the goverment needs to put out to tender the rail contract, put some competition back out there.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Bring back the old Red Rattlers. I used to catch them every day in the 70s to go to school. If you were hot you just left the door open , If you were cold you closed it . No air conditioning back then , plus the train was always on time