Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What the F is Connex doing.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Lol.. as I stated in a different thread.. You watch, due to the rain today, connex will have to delay/cancel trains!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Theres rain today???

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
train system was much better when it was not private.

i think the only way you can have a private network is to have several different companys with the right to use the line. sort of like airlines. create competition and you will see the system improve

There isn't the infrastructure to support any more commuter rail providers.

The governement should impose stricter regulations on whoever the provider is.

Have something along the lines that if the provider doesn't meet a certain service level a tender is put out and a new company is brought in...

Though that would cause a mess aswell... during the hand over period.

Bottom line is... the gov has to make connex lift its game... heavier fines... directly out of the pockets of the bosses... then the system would magically work all of a sudden...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
There isn't the infrastructure to support any more commuter rail providers.

The governement should impose stricter regulations on whoever the provider is.

Have something along the lines that if the provider doesn't meet a certain service level a tender is put out and a new company is brought in...

Though that would cause a mess aswell... during the hand over period.

Bottom line is... the gov has to make connex lift its game... heavier fines... directly out of the pockets of the bosses... then the system would magically work all of a sudden...

At the end of the day it is the governments fault. If you build a house through Av Jennings and the work is ****, you don't blame the builder, you blame the person who sub contracted them. Just as if you use Toll to move freight from a to b, if they use a subby and it goes missing you do not blame the subby but blame toll.

Same for Connex and the government, at the end of the day the government are in charge of it all, connex only provide the resources and equipment etc. All blame should be pushed to the government as they are the only ones who can fix the problem.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Theres rain today???

Had a quick shower here in Richmond, looked at Bom.gov.au and reads 0.0mm rainfall, but places out east have had some (coldstream, mt. dandy)..

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Theres rain today???

yes and the loudest thunder i have heard in quite a while. mustve been right above my house

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
yeh connex is fairly ghey, thats y i drive all the time, stuff catching a train or bus, i hate public transport

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
At the end of the day it is the governments fault. at the end of the day the government are in charge of it all, connex only provide the resources and equipment etc. All blame should be pushed to the government as they are the only ones who can fix the problem.

I agree, it would have been much easier not having Connex in the way as an excuse(they are the ones who are meant to be maintaing the system) ......who do we blame for that......oh yes the government that sold off our power and rail networks.......yes a few years "down the track" and we can all see how well that has worked. .:whistling.

Essential services should not be privatised, unfortunately the emphasis is on making a profit(no matter what incentives/safeguards are put in place), not serving the people.
Rail needs to be expanded, made more affordable, services run better if Melbourne as a city is going to be liveable and sustainable. It should be a "public transport" system, running it a profit and doing all the ^ is a joke, it has to be subsidised by all of us.

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I agree, it would have been much easier not having Connex in the way as an excuse(they are the ones who are meant to be maintaing the system) ......who do we blame for that......oh yes the government that sold off our power and rail networks.......yes a few years "down the track" and we can all see how well that has worked. .:whistling. Essential services should not be privatised, unfortunately the emphasis is on making a profit(no matter what incentives/safeguards are put in place), not serving the people.

It is like everything that has been privatised, trains, roads, some wharves, telstra, SEC(or whatever the million other companies they are now). Public systems like these should at all times stay owned by the government, it at least minimises the rorting and directly blames the only people who can be blamed.

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
haha yeah, fyi there is a 18,000 customer outtage on telstra dslams in melb today :) someone broke a switch !!

public transport is a joke, I used to spend $50 per week catching it to work, 2 hours to get in 2 hours to get home....

i spent $40 per week driving now,

catching the train in summer is smelly and hot
catching the train in winter means i get sick from the sneazing wankers
catching the train in peak hour means acting like im in toyoko and pushing my self into a train
catching a train is NOT ****ING WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!