Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Thermo fans are best for 304 v8?

torana50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute S2 V8 T5
Why are clutch fans still used in brand new 4x4’s and trucks if they’ve been left in the past?

Not about what makes me happy - it’s just what works for the application. If not working the vehicle hard for extended periods or driving in extreme weather conditions. Or of course, sitting idling for hours when stuck in traffic. The factory alternator cannot supply the required current at idle rpm so will draw the battery down. For a cruiser you won’t likely encounter these scenarios. For a daily driver, there’s reasonable possibility.

I figure it’s important to have all the relevant info available when making a decision that will consume both time and money.

For your reference. https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...eo-bf-fg-plus-120a-alternator-upgrade.263089/

Personally, I’d also consider the fact that a decent unmolested vs v8 is worth decent money when making my decision. Factory fan setups are now desirable and are worth considerable money ($500-600 for the shroud alone).
Totally agree with you