Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to buy to replace the ZB?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
@Reacher has a week to consider his actions after ignoring the warning to keep the thread on topic.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I think I was pretty clear I was looking to replace with something 'new'.

back to the tesla i would be interested to see how well the battery reports after something like 150,000km, i have seen a number of people from the usa post that the battery degradation over 100~150 thousand miles is only about 6 to 7 percent leaving them with around 93% health and based on 15 to 20 thou a year thats something like 5 or 6 years and its still at 93% which does not seem too bad.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
back to the tesla i would be interested to see how well the battery reports after something like 150,000km, i have seen a number of people from the usa post that the battery degradation over 100~150 thousand miles is only about 6 to 7 percent leaving them with around 93% health and based on 15 to 20 thou a year thats something like 5 or 6 years and its still at 93% which does not seem too bad.
My current 'plan' is that I have a 3 year Novated Lease (taking advantage of the FBT exemption for EVs), and I'll replace the car with a new one at this point.

Telsa do offer a 8 year warranty on the battery (160,000km from memory), so they must be reasonably confident!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My current 'plan' is that I have a 3 year Novated Lease (taking advantage of the FBT exemption for EVs), and I'll replace the car with a new one at this point.

Telsa do offer a 8 year warranty on the battery (160,000km from memory), so they must be reasonably confident!
Have you test driven a Model 3 yet?
A mate has one and let me take it for a blast. I thought it might have a steep learning curve, but after a couple of kms it all seemed pretty natural. Regenerative braking works really well, driving around town the brakes should last a long time.
Performance was impressive.

My only gripe was the expense for an EV built in China...

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Have you test driven a Model 3 yet?
A mate has one and let me take it for a blast. I thought it might have a steep learning curve, but after a couple of kms it all seemed pretty natural. Regenerative braking works really well, driving around town the brakes should last a long time.
Performance was impressive.

My only gripe was the expense for an EV built in China...
Yeah I test drove a second hand Model 3 RWD late last year, and a Model Y RWD? demo early this year. Agree that I adapted very quickly to the whole no instrument cluster thing.

It will be really interesting to see how the Mrs adapts!!

Agree they're not cheap, but I compare the feature set to what's in our Calais V, and what we paid for that 5 years ago (even with employee pricing) and I can deal with it.

A few other cars I considered were also made in China and it is what it is. In a recent article, AU pricing is less than pricing in the US - so they are at least passing on some of the savings from China build vs Fremont - and at least the build quality is better!

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Guy I know has been interested in the new Hyundai Inioq6 to replace his ZB.
Pretty sure its won some awards but when I saw this on Trade Me today, https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/hyundai/ioniq/listing/4070748968
I am sorry, but it made my eyes and brain hurt. That's just butt ugly, no two ways about it.
Stick with my Calais V until there's a much more likeable offramp to this journey, (I'm in no hurry).

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am sorry, but it made my eyes and brain hurt. That's just butt ugly, no two ways about it.
The rear looks like a AU Falcon that melted in the sun.

What about the KIA version of pretty much the same car, the EV6. (Which is not a V6 :rolleyes:)
Haven't seen one in the metal, but they look good on TV ads.
A Stinger V6 in that bodywork would be inviting. Cost ..... ??

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

What about the KIA version of pretty much the same car, the EV6. (Which is not a V6 :rolleyes:)
Haven't seen one in the metal, but they look good on TV ads.
A Stinger V6 in that bodywork would be inviting. Cost ..... ??
That's what I thought regards the AU.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V

LOL - Classic, couldn't have said it better.
Kia EV6 look okay-ish in the metal to my eyes but again, it's quite a polarizing design.