Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What To Do About Cai For V8 Efi

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
  • Gday guys running pod filter for my vn ss and seems to be drawing in too much hot air with temp guage rising too much for my liking thru traffic in these hot days?

[*]Had the car 5 hours on the dyno and didn't over heat but doesn't like stop and go traffic.Do you think this is because i have removed my floor plastic guard,running my pod filter or lack of air flow some where?

[*]Had the system pressure tested and changed radiator cap already seems to be fine,also changed 2x radiator hoses.

[*]Currenly using Whynns Holden Coolant

[*]Dont know what to do either cut a hole in the bottom and run a pipe up to the pod + A Shroud or go for the VS HSV CAI Air Box and SS Induction Cold Air Intake and K&N or Lukey Filter or change the clutch fan to twin au thermos controlled by haltech ecu

My Setup @ Present

engine29th2nd2008ks1.jpg

If any one has engine bay pics of there pod with a good shroud or top cai setups please post up thanks.

Last edited:

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
my mates el 347 stroker xr8 ( 420hp ) is running a pod filter with a chrome pipework running to the fog light of the bumper ..im assuming it will be something you should look into as well .. correct me if im wrong

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
bit of a pain down there,think i might just get a stock air box and be done with it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm probably going for the stock lower air box and have found 2 x 6cyl top box outlet flanges (80mm from memory) which are probably going thru the floor of the air box, thu the inner guard and ducted to the front. I currently have an over rad cai but am not sure it is the best solution.

Reaper

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This is the cheapest and most efficent way.

102_0030.jpg

However, you can get a stainless box made up to house the pod filter, but i don't see the point other than making the engine bay look nice. The standard holden CAI (or HSV one like mine) do a perfect job with a hi flow airfilter.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Standard Holden setup for my VN.

Last edited:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
whats the actual difference in air flow for the hsv cai which i had on the car few years back to the ss induction fair bit of price difference there.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
whats the actual difference in air flow for the hsv cai which i had on the car few years back to the ss induction fair bit of price difference there.

No amount of money could make me put the ugliest CAI ever made on my car.
Just so happens that the Holden one is alot cheaper than the SS inductions one.

Just saw your sig, pretty sure i have a 2nd Top for the airbox if you want it. Not the CAI tho

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
cool man send us a pic if ya dont mind to my email. Looking at a few but not one that i like as yet.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its the smoothed one, same as my engine bay