Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What To Do About Cai For V8 Efi

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
No probs at all.... I would prob stick with modyourcar site.. I have dealt with them before, as have friends of mine, and none of us have ever had any dramsa's with them... Don't forget to post some pics up if you get one, i don't think anyone else on here has one at all...

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I just wanted to say HORAY for finally deciding the get a CAI. The Holden for your local Holden dealer (better to buy from them than ebay) probably wont flow enough air for your car once you get the motor sorted tuned better or whatever is wrong with it so try to either enlange it like mine or arrange something a bit bigger than that. I think on Tims Torana it started to slow him up at 190 rwkw?

Yes Jason that is correct. My car hit a brick wall at 190rwkw with the super 6 CAI. Took the CAI off, and just left the airbox open and it instantly gained nearly 10rwkw! If i was RVN 355, i would be using the VS V8 high flow air box lid, mod the original lower airbox to run a 3" pipe down through the guard, then either another 3" pipe to the back of the headlight or cut the VS CAI open like you have to get some more air in. I managed to get 2 3" pipes in the airbox on the Calais with no OTR CAI and it works a treat....

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
I like STEALTHY's suggestion a few posts ago lol... everyone go get walky bonnets and TTB setups :) good plan. Or we just work out how to do LS1 style massive ram air intakes with forward-facing throttle bodies :D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Or we just work out how to do LS1 style massive ram air intakes with forward-facing throttle bodies :D

I wanted to do that ever since i saw under the bonnet of a mates corvette.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I wanted to do that ever since i saw under the bonnet of a mates corvette.
Im guessing this has been looked at before, but can you fit another manifold where the TB is facing forward, aftermarket or one from a LS1?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think i saw COME have a forwards facing one. But for it to utilize a similar setup to the corvette, you have to remove the clutch fan and shroud, so i decided against it for now.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I think i saw COME have a forwards facing one. But for it to utilize a similar setup to the corvette, you have to remove the clutch fan and shroud, so i decided against it for now.
Thermos FTW.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride