Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do with the gov handout

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Leaving aside the question of if it is the right thing, I was thinking what to do with the government handout. I am thinking that if we all go out and buy a plasma then it will be for nothing and perhaps only prop up china for 30 seconds.

With that in mind I am going to pay a local installer to put in a solar hot water heater. That way the installer gets some money to spend in the local community and the solar hot water company gets a look in as well. Yes the hardware is most probably made overseas but the bulk of the money will stay here. It also helps that it will be good for the environment and save our energy bills.

Just my 2c.

Mike

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
mines going into either vcm suite, or a new mig welder, something thats tax deductable

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
New Bonnet to go on my VT, whats the one with the two hood scoops, Is it the monaro one?

Please correct me on the right terminology lol

And if any money left over get some dints out.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Cigarettes, Grog, and Pokies, what better way to give it straight back to the goverment. IM TAKING THE ****.

Im not even sure if I will get it, If i do, it will be a bonus. Ill probably use it to fix a few things on my car, and save the rest for petrol money for TAFE this year, as I spent over 80 bux a fortnight a week on public transport last year, plus about another 100 on fuel, so it will be more now Im driving everyday.

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
8kg front springs
6kg rear springs
4 KYB Exel G shocks
RA65 front struts (with full brake setups)
Locked diff.
There should be a little left over, if so then a front strut brace and materials to make a rear strut brace.

Corona drift stylez. They go like slightly bigger, twice as powerful ke70's. Decided that learning how to fix **** on a reliable hilux motored slider would be a good idea.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
im going to finally get my suspension done :thumbsup: