Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to replace my speakers with?

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Hey guys ill give you a bit of a run down of what happened.

I have a set of Rockford Fosgate T2652-S speakers in my front doors in my ute.
Randomly one cross overs died after about 10 months of use then another couple of months later the second cross over and a tweeter also died also.
They just ran out of warranty and went to buy a new set but they are all sold out and almost double the price i paid for them. Dont get me wrong i run Rockford gear and love it to death but has put me to look for other brands.

Any to the good stuff what should i replace them with? I have been looking at the Soundstream tc6.5 what is half the price and higher RMS spec but cant find any reviews on them. Any ideas that wont cost a arm and a leg $300 and under would be best

Anyone used SOUNDSTREAM TARANTULA TC6.5 series before?
Cheers

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Look at Morel, they have a pretty good reputation. Have you considered running your splits active rather than passive?

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
Hertz HSK165. Pull the trigger on them bad boys. Feed them heaps of power though, 150wrms is their rating but they will take 200 with careful gain settings.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I don't know how you guys justify recommending a brand, not even a model, without even knowing what genres of music he listens to. I've owned mid-level Morel and they were far too mellow for hard rock, metal, punk but sounded great for soft rock, pop (top 40) and electronic styles of music. This was a fair few years ago though so I'm not sure what sort of music the current ranges suit.

ASxTecH... What music do you listen to? This might help people give you ideas of models that will suit your music tastes.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I don't know how you guys justify recommending a brand, not even a model, without even knowing what genres of music he listens to. I've owned mid-level Morel and they were far too mellow for hard rock, metal, punk but sounded great for soft rock, pop (top 40) and electronic styles of music. This was a fair few years ago though so I'm not sure what sort of music the current ranges suit.

ASxTecH... What music do you listen to? This might help people give you ideas of models that will suit your music tastes.

Thanks for all the subjections guys!

As far as music i lisen to a wide range of music from rock, Dub step kind of music, Rap but my main type is alot of Rap bass music from Decaf

I ended up jumping the gun after seeing some people use some soundstreams in a few builds ill give them a go

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
The reason I suggested Hertz HSK165s is that will they play everything very well when installed properly, same as Morels but at a lower price point

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2000 VT S Pac "Gold Nugget"
I agree with Morel's and Hertz HSK's too
I have Soundstream TR 6.5C's in my wagon and find they sound great on any genre of music, not sure how the TC model is though

Another few to look at:
1. Vibe Black air 6" splits (they are quite bright on high freqs)
2. Pioneer TS-D1720C (6 3/4" splits, I run these in my VT and they sound awesome considering they aren't amped)
3. dB Drive S9 6C (6.5" splits, sound great, you probably haven't heard of them before though)

A link to each:
1. Vibe Blackair 6" Component Speakers Frankies Auto Electrics Albion Park Rail and South Nowra
2. Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.5" Car Speakers Frankies Auto Electrics Albion Park Rail and South Nowra
3. NEW DB Drive S9 6C 6 5" Component Speakers | eBay

There is someone in the newcastle area that sells dB drive gear, but not sure who. Will have to find out

jchantrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
How did your rockfords go before they died if you dont mind me asking as i am currently looking at some new speakers