Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What VF parts are you stockpiling for later use?

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
At the moment, the only manufacturer I know that provides 3D printed parts for some old/rare models is Porsche. With these parts, price is probably not an issue when, for example people pay $230k for a rusted 356 as occured just the other week @ a Shannon’s auction.
I believe Mercedes is 3D printing truck parts.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Makes sense they would. Imagine the sort of impossible to dismantle parts you could make. For example you could 3D print an entire HVAC system with flaps that have no possible way of coming out for a service or repair....just sealed units. I could imagine this becoming the norm eventually on many components. Then when something breaks, charge an arm and a leg for said replacement part.

"Sorry sir, the motor and gearbox are all once piece, you need to order the whole assembly"

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I bought one of these covers for $10 US that arrived today

I went Red button and black ring.

Resized_IMG-20200922-WA0011.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Officially ordered some Koya SF11's in satin bronze for my car today. 20" x 10.5" rears, and 10" fronts. My factory redline rims will be coming off and getting stored in my pile of stock parts in the garage.

Pretty stoked, ive wanted these rims ever since i laid eyes on them. I asked Koya if they could send me a snippet of video when they are CNC-ing my offsets, and they were more than happy to do that for me, so thats cool.

Unsure of what tyres to get tho. Originally i was going to order a set of Nitto super slicks, as the car only comes out once a week now. But ive decided against that as im pretty sure it would void my insurance in the case of an accident. I dont want to spend a fortune on tyres, but want something half decent.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Officially ordered some Koya SF11's in satin bronze for my car today. 20" x 10.5" rears, and 10" fronts. My factory redline rims will be coming off and getting stored in my pile of stock parts in the garage.

Pretty stoked, ive wanted these rims ever since i laid eyes on them. I asked Koya if they could send me a snippet of video when they are CNC-ing my offsets, and they were more than happy to do that for me, so thats cool.

Unsure of what tyres to get tho. Originally i was going to order a set of Nitto super slicks, as the car only comes out once a week now. But ive decided against that as im pretty sure it would void my insurance in the case of an accident. I dont want to spend a fortune on tyres, but want something half decent.

PS4 or PS4S.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I've not yet installed them. The source for the info states similar font and illumination. Pic is from another (former) member of the other forum that I am a part of.

https://www.ssforums.com/threads/radio-switch-92256902-upgraded-version.194942/

How'd you go with this install? Was it easy and did you have to remove the steering wheel or do the switch units pop out.
What about switch lighting is it the same as STANDARD VF?
I also find the src switch hard to roll and this would be a perfect solution. Found one on ebay for 85 delivered

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
How'd you go with this install? Was it easy and did you have to remove the steering wheel or do the switch units pop out.
What about switch lighting is it the same as STANDARD VF?
I also find the src switch hard to roll and this would be a perfect solution. Found one on ebay for 85 delivered
Still haven't done the install. Check the link below for install instructions, sounds pretty straightforward. I'm debating whether to install or sit on them as another part to hold onto, like the start button, driver's seat bottom cover, steering wheel, and a clutch or three. It's the LHD parts that are gonna be tough to get over here, the cowl is one of many examples already... ☹️

https://www.ssforums.com/threads/radio-switch-92256902-upgraded-version.194942/

Screenshot_20210310-085622.png

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

PZeros are very good match with those....