Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What was your first Holden?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive got a list of cars i want to get first, vy or vz wagon of anysort, manual s or sv6, 4x4 turbo diesel rodeo or hilux..........

sugaris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS Ute
1980 SL Gemini... oh so many memories!!:rofl:

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Wanted a VC first

Hi,

After a time in Triumphs and a Honda Accord (first one in Oz), my family grew to family car size.

I wanted to buy a VC Commodore at the time, but my now ex-wife could not get the demonstrator into second gear. It was a horrible gearbox. Ended up in a F**d.

Things changed with the VL. Bought a VL 6 manual in 1987 to replace the other thing. I really loved the drivetrain, and had no difficulty living with the suspension limitations.

Continuing the idea of buying the last of a model, I bought a VSII in 1997, manual V6 with dual SRS, ABS, IRS and aircon. As soon as I bought it, I added the Holden cruise control (cost $313 for the bits) and alloy wheels. Recently, I added a level 3 cluster. This car is nor over 9 years old, still running great and I have had no thought of selling it.

My fouth son is approaching driving age, and I can see the VS heading his way at the appropriate time.

Along the way, I was thinking that I would end up buying a VZ during the run out to VE - buying the last of a model has been very successful in my mind.

However, when the VZ was approaching I found out that it would not be possible to buy a manual sedan without a body kit (i.e. SV6). My wife does not like cars with spoilers, and they don't do much for me. So we bought a VYII manual V6 just before the VZ appeared. I use it as my work car, and it has still not reached 10K after over 20 months.

I am still happy driving the VS, but do like the VY as well. Was very happy with the price at $23,295 + GST + REgo + stamp duty brand new current year model.

I have a three window cluster to put into the VYII when I get a chance, and I expect to keep it a long time.

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
MzTomboy said:
the 2nd was a VC commodore, which i should never have gotten rid of..

Amen to that. I started with a VC SL/E and have managed to keep it in one piece.
Even managed a second VC, this time a L, but its all good for a work hack and varios spare parts.

They may not be quick, but they sure as hell are good.:p :p :bow:

F

foammedia

Parents had a ice green VH SL/X 202 manual, that's what I learned to drive in. But my first actual Holden was a HQ 253

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My first Holden was a 1966 HR 186 S with factory twin strommies , four speed opel box and front discs brakes

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my 1st holden was a vl s/l and i loved it but i sold it for parts to a mate coz i was getting in too much trouble with that one... have had 5 vl's all up and the latest is a calais

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
VPSII.

First Car. Miss her everyday!

aZk.