Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will my 2017 holden vf ssv be worth these days

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think crew cab utes are a useless vehicle and you couldn't fit a new broom stick in the back of them. There's more load space in a SUV with the seat down and for towing, I'd prefer one of the larger 4WD SUV's. The Silverado and Ram have decent load space, but they're a big vehicle to maneuver around, park and fit in the shed etc.
Not to mention the price tag. Last I knew they were over $120k.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Waaay too much money for something that has had the 'steering converted'.
Yes and they are apparently relatively cheap in the States (according to Skydrol) as so many people drive them.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes and they are apparently relatively cheap in the States (according to Skydrol) as so many people drive them.
You gotta remember the transportation costs of those big heavy POS's.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You gotta remember the transportation costs of those big heavy POS's.
Yes, but that shouldn't mean an extra $30k per vehicle just for shipping.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Skydrol didn't factor in alot to do with exporting them here...

There is a place that sold new Rams, Challengers, Chargers that were imported from the states that recently closed down...I reckon it only had it's doors open for 3 years..

If my memory serves me right, they advertised Rams for $150K or there abouts...

Yes they sold other 2nd hand cars and bikes but didn't want to go right into that area....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

There is a place that sold new Rams, Challengers, Chargers that were imported from the states that recently closed down...I reckon it only had it's doors open for 3 years..

If my memory serves me right, they advertised Rams for $150K or there abouts...

Yes they sold other 2nd hand cars and bikes but didn't want to go right into that area....
Moreso trying to point out that these are not luxury vehicles in the States. Rams etc are not an expensive vehicle over there. Its just the Americans charging us an arm and a leg because they can.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Waaay too much money for something that has had the 'steering converted'.
I know a bloke who bought a new Ford F150 diesel V8 converted to RHD locally in SA a couple of years ago and cost him $154,000 he told me. He had a lot of electrical and engine management issues with it that no one could fix with a couple of other dramas that gave him grief. I don't know if the issues were conversion related but essentially, he bought a vehicle other than RHD conversion knowledge, the importers providing the warranty knew nothing about them mechanically and electrically and of course Ford dealers wouldn't touch it.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes, but that shouldn't mean an extra $30k per vehicle just for shipping.
Plus $30k for the conversion.
I know a bloke who bought a new Ford F150 diesel V8 converted to RHD locally in SA a couple of years ago and cost him $154,000 he told me. He had a lot of electrical and engine management issues with it that no one could fix with a couple of other dramas that gave him grief. I don't know if the issues were conversion related but essentially, he bought a vehicle other than RHD conversion knowledge, the importers providing the warranty knew nothing about them mechanically and electrically and of course Ford dealers wouldn't touch it.
The number one reason to leave ownership to 'enthusiasts only'.
I used to lust after a Camaro, until I learnt about the amount of 'modifications' involved in the conversion.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

That surprises me, Sydney is overrun with those overpriced pieces of garbage; someone’s buying them!
Maybe you don’t have enough meth-heads in South Australia to support the market?