Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will my 2017 holden vf ssv be worth these days

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
AI can only plagiarise, so if we delete the Terminator franchise for good we have nothing to worry about.
I mean let’s face it, it hasn’t done anything not-bad since 1991 …

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
covid fried people's brains. it's why we're still seeing inflation. 8 cylinder cars are hard to shift right now, due mostly to high fuel prices, but also the shift toward cabs & 4WD utes by tradesmen.
A lot of tradesmen hate their dual cab Utes with no load space they had in a conventional Holden and Falcon Ute!

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Me, I don't believe something so new is worth more than the original retail price.....Others will say I'm full of shite,
"You're paying 20k more than they were brand new" is what I told my mate who paid 80k for a Redline wagon. Same with the guy I bought my Redline Ute from, wanted the new car price he paid for it. I ended up getting him down to 7k under new car price despite the Ute had 3,300km's and never been driven on a wet road, there's no way I'd pay new car price for a second hand one!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A lot of tradesmen hate their dual cab Utes with no load space they had in a conventional Holden and Falcon Ute!
And a lot of tradies would be pissed off if forced to ride in the back seats for any distance.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
"You're paying 20k more than they were brand new" is what I told my mate who paid 80k for a Redline wagon. Same with the guy I bought my Redline Ute from, wanted the new car price he paid for it. I ended up getting him down to 7k under new car price despite the Ute had 3,300km's and never been driven on a wet road, there's no way I'd pay new car price for a second hand one!

So what part of my quote am I full of shite?

Prices will always head North, or the other excuses bought up when the topic is bought up or the part where I said if someone has money burning a hole in their pocket they'll pay more than the original sale price, so I say good on them?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So what part of my quote am I full of shite?
Just that the value of a thing is what people will pay for it; so something can be worth more than when it was new, if more than one person with the ability to pay it is willing to pay it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just that the value of a thing is what people will pay for it; so something can be worth more than when it was new, if more than one person with the ability to pay it is willing to pay it.

And I did mention if someone does, good on them....

"Quote" .....If someone has money burning a hole in their pocket and they want to cough up more than original sale price, good on them.. ..."Unquote..

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
And a lot of tradies would be pissed off if forced to ride in the back seats for any distance.
I think crew cab utes are a useless vehicle and you couldn't fit a new broom stick in the back of them. There's more load space in a SUV with the seat down and for towing, I'd prefer one of the larger 4WD SUV's. The Silverado and Ram have decent load space, but they're a big vehicle to maneuver around, park and fit in the shed etc.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nothing, I agree with you. Seems it's you with a comprehension deficiency or you're here looking for an argument, doesn't it?

Far from it.....Just having the portion of my quote to do with speaking shite pricked my ears up....

And I did read you saying you suggesting to your mate he was overpaying for the wagon and you also saying you'll never pay new price for a 2nd handie....That says to me you do agree with my thought process in this area