Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
series II brochure:

https://media.gm.com/dld/content/dam/Media/documents/AU/pdf/vehicles/VFII Commodore Brochure.PDF

Regal peacock is listed as a colour on page 21

2017 press release (for MY17)

https://media.gm.com/media/au/en/ho.../news/au/en/2017/Feb/0201_MY17_Commodore.html

near the bottom lists all the colours. Regal peacock and spitfire are there but no jungle.
The VIN is also a MY17 build. The last 6 digits are in the 300,000 range and also letter "H" is a MY17 build.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm..ad also lists 19” alloys under features yet those alloys are not the MY17 SS rims..they are the previous Black Ed rims that became standard on the SS Series 2 (MY16)...does anyone here know if the Black Ed rims were ever 19s or only 18s??
The final year’s run of SS had an update to the 19” that had been previously used on the CalaisV as in the image below..the Regal Peacock vehicle in the carsales link could have had its rims changed after trade in of course.
I have come across a number of people who assume that if it’s a series 2 VF then it must be a MY17 which of course is not the case...

EDIT: It also comes to mind that the 19” rims on the pic I’ve posted were not only previous CalaisV rims but also SSV rims...it was a nice touch that when the SSV was axed its rims became standard on the last run of SSs as for some years the SS rims had been identical to the SV6 rims.[/QUOTE

The rims are only 18" which came out on the standard SS and SV6. There were no SSV wheels in 2017 except the Calais V wheels which were the same except a lighter shade.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yes, so the carsales pics in tml’s post above don’t match the listed features which list 19” alloys. We have established that RP made it into early MY17 builds but if the rims in the pic are what that car was originally sold with (and of course we can’t tell that from the ad) then the car advertised is MY16 not MY17. The alternative is that someone swapped off the original rims when it was traded.

I’m not sure if this is what you are saying Anthony??...but the MY17 SS came with the 19” rims.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, so the carsales pics in tml’s post above don’t match the listed features which list 19” alloys. We have established that RP made it into early MY17 builds but if the rims in the pic are what that car was originally sold with (and of course we can’t tell that from the ad) then the car advertised is MY16 not MY17. The alternative is that someone swapped off the original rims when it was traded.

I’m not sure if this is what you are saying Anthony??...but the MY17 SS came with the 19” rims.
The vin for this car shows it came with 18inch wheels and was built around the 5th month of 2017. The engine was made on day 30 of 2017.

The vin states the car came with 18 inch wheels. Also May build 2017 and engine built day 30 of 2017. Maybe this was a special order as I have seen other SSs in 2017 with 19inch wheels.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
The vin for this car shows it came with 18inch wheels and was built around the 5th month of 2017. The engine was made on day 30 of 2017.

The vin states the car came with 18 inch wheels. Also May build 2017 and engine built day 30 of 2017. Maybe this was a special order as I have seen other SSs in 2017 with 19inch wheels.
I don’t know enough about vin then Anthony...I didn’t know you could confirm wheel size from vin??
Either way the ad is incorrect then as under specs it lists rim size for front and back 19x8.5 and tyres as R19s which is what I believe all MY17 build SSs are but I think we both agree that these are not the Black Ed rims shown in the pics for this car which is all I’m really trying to say..(ie I’m not trying to be argumentative but just pointing out again that the unwary can easily be duped by misleading info on vehicles for sale...which for anyone now trying to buy an authentic example of one of the last Oz built Commodores is important I would think).

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don’t know enough about vin then Anthony...I didn’t know you could confirm wheel size from vin??
Either way the ad is incorrect then as under specs it lists rim size for front and back 19x8.5 and tyres as R19s which is what I believe all MY17 build SSs are but I think we both agree that these are not the Black Ed rims shown in the pics for this car which is all I’m really trying to say..(ie I’m not trying to be argumentative but just pointing out again that the unwary can easily be duped by misleading info on vehicles for sale...which for anyone now trying to buy an authentic example of one of the last Oz built Commodores is important I would think).

I actually looked the VIN up to see the specs of the car. Maybe to get the Royal Peacock green it was ordered as the black edition and had to have the 18 inch wheels. Maybe it was a buy back car replacement and the customer demanded that they have the same. The add is clearly wrong stating 19 inch wheels as they are 18 in the pictures.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

VF SS 17 police build spec are black edition 18" rims

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It was only on VF Series 1 IIRC? They brought in Jungle Green to replace it? Mine is a late Gen-F, and love the colour, get so many complements. Once the sun comes out anyway!
They offered it until the end; it just wasn’t popular.
And not available for Redline after MY2014.
Apparently there was one W1 made in Regal Peacock; was an option, just an unpopular one!

I was looking at Forbidden Fruit ‘til the end, ‘twas definitely an available colour on an LSA Tourer in 2017.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 17 police build spec are black edition 18" rims
Ah, yes!...this sounds very much like what could be going on here. Anyway, many thanks for everyone’s contribution on this!