Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I wasn't signaling out people with medical issues being the only ones needing periodic testing.

In my view, everybody needs periodic skills reassessed as that allows for a continual improvement in standards to be implemented (road rules, behavioural rules and actuall vehicel control skills).

If someones eyesight was an issue but was corrected with glasses or medication, then they shouldn't need skills & road rules re-testing until their normal scheduled time. Until then a stat dec from their medical practitioner should be enough for them to get back on the road.

I was actually agreeing with you and just pointing out what I know of two people close to me were required to do to have their licences reinstated and that was to have the Doctor okay their medical situation.

If they were a poor or good driver before the medical episode they would most likely still be a poor or good driver after they recovered.

Inattentiveness is the worst driving trait most people have and it's very difficult to teach that out of people in a driving school where the focus is on doing the things needed to past the test.

Retest people without warning and most would fail, retest people with warning and they'll brush up on what's needed to pass then go back to their old habits once they hit the road again.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
DVD, more comfy seats with high bolsters, rear cup holders. Not luxury, but i also like e85 compatabilty and AFM.

You can keep ya cup holders ;) I'll loose them but gain 34kw with the 6.2lt engine :cool:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
*high Fives* with clintix & Mr Tree

Hmm, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Not going to be meeting up anytime soon for a physical high five!

It was a hard look, most of the VF Series II i found in regal peacock were either ex-police or only VF series I.

It was only on VF Series 1 IIRC? They brought in Jungle Green to replace it? Mine is a late Gen-F, and love the colour, get so many complements. Once the sun comes out anyway!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Pretty sure for MY17 they dropped Regal Peacock and brought in Spitfire green, Light My Fire orange and Son of a Gun grey.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Hmmm..ad also lists 19” alloys under features yet those alloys are not the MY17 SS rims..they are the previous Black Ed rims that became standard on the SS Series 2 (MY16)...does anyone here know if the Black Ed rims were ever 19s or only 18s??
The final year’s run of SS had an update to the 19” that had been previously used on the CalaisV as in the image below..the Regal Peacock vehicle in the carsales link could have had its rims changed after trade in of course.
I have come across a number of people who assume that if it’s a series 2 VF then it must be a MY17 which of course is not the case...

EDIT: It also comes to mind that the 19” rims on the pic I’ve posted were not only previous CalaisV rims but also SSV rims...it was a nice touch that when the SSV was axed its rims became standard on the last run of SSs as for some years the SS rims had been identical to the SV6 rims.

Attachments

• CEB68B4E-AC3A-4216-86A6-27FD1E94BD77.jpeg
    CEB68B4E-AC3A-4216-86A6-27FD1E94BD77.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hmmm..ad also lists 19” alloys under features yet those alloys are not the MY17 SS rims..they are the previous Black Ed rims that became standard on the SS Series 2 (MY16)...does anyone here know if the Black Ed rims were ever 19s or only 18s??
The final year’s run of SS had an update to the 19” that had been previously used on the CalaisV as in the image below..the Regal Peacock vehicle in the carsales link could have had its rims changed after trade in of course.
I have come across a number of people who assume that if it’s a series 2 VF then it must be a MY17 which of course is not the case...

EDIT: It also comes to mind that the 19” rims on the pic I’ve posted were not only previous CalaisV rims but also SSV rims...it was a nice touch that when the SSV was axed its rims became standard on the last run of SSs as for some years the SS rims had been identical to the SV6 rims.

series II brochure:

https://media.gm.com/dld/content/dam/Media/documents/AU/pdf/vehicles/VFII Commodore Brochure.PDF

Regal peacock is listed as a colour on page 21

2017 press release (for MY17)

https://media.gm.com/media/au/en/ho.../news/au/en/2017/Feb/0201_MY17_Commodore.html

near the bottom lists all the colours. Regal peacock and spitfire are there but no jungle.