Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will you buy?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You can keep ya cup holders ;) I'll loose them but gain 34kw with the 6.2lt engine :cool:
Haha. Touche. Actually it's 44fwkw in an auto. :p
Funny you mention the cup holders. Apart from the CD/DVD, that's the only thing my Redline has that I'd like in my Motorsport.
But then the LS3 is hardly a luxury item now is it? In fact I'd argue the opposite. It doesn't have the same inherent smoothness of the L77 due to the cam. Not complaining, just saying. I like a bit of old skool rock n roll.
BTW if you haven't already, you better tune it Deuce. Coz my tuned L77 would surprise a stock LS3. :)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Here's a 100% definite MY17 Calais V in regal peacock. (Only MY17 had 'Calais' on the rear doors)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...-vf-series-ii-auto-my17/OAG-AD-18138598/?Cr=5

not a particular fan of the colour myself, but I've never really been fond of dark cars, just a personal thing.
That link I posted earlier to the press release has some really good info as to what was added to MY17 cars.
Thanks for the further info tml...you’re correct, RP obviously did make it to MY17!
Remember also that Holden started to wind back colours though along with everything else in 2017. There’s a thread on here somewhere where a number of us joked about whether we would even get fully painted cars (I’ll see if I can find it). I ordered my LMF in the Easter week of 2017 and can’t recall RP still being an option...I had always liked RP very much but by 2017 was set on getting one of the final release colours. Spitfire was out of the question as it was unavailable on SS (and rightly reserved for the Redline I believe). SOAG grey was not considered as our ute is Phantom and I didn’t want to go out with two darker colours.

Amazing that not even 3 yrs after production ended there has been a number of threads on here that show memories of precise detail of various models soon fade (or maybe its just me :oops:)....and we’re the Commodore enthusiasts. Sellers on carsales etc don’t help with incorrect years, features etc but I’m sure some of that is not as deliberate as it may appear.

We can only guess what inaccuracies will appear in the years to come...I can envisage what was the standard SSV trying to be passed off as Redlines etc etc...it really will be buyer beware for anyone of the next generation who wants to buy an authentic example of a precise model.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the further info tml...you’re correct, RP obviously did make it to MY17!
Remember also that Holden started to wind back colours though along with everything else in 2017. There’s a thread on here somewhere where a number of us joked about whether we would even get fully painted cars (I’ll see if I can find it). I ordered my LMF in the Easter week of 2017 and can’t recall RP still being an option...I had always liked RP very much but by 2017 was set on getting one of the final release colours. Spitfire was out of the question as it was unavailable on SS (and rightly reserved for the Redline I believe). SOAG grey was not considered as our ute is Phantom and I didn’t want to go out with two darker colours.

Amazing that not even 3 yrs after production ended there has been a number of threads on here that show memories of precise detail of various models soon fade (or maybe its just me :oops:)....and we’re the Commodore enthusiasts. Sellers on carsales etc don’t help with incorrect years, features etc but I’m sure some of that is not as deliberate as it may appear.

We can only guess what inaccuracies will appear in the years to come...I can envisage what was the standard SSV trying to be passed off as Redlines etc etc...it really will be buyer beware for anyone of the next generation who wants to buy an authentic example of a precise model.
I don't believe our memories are that bad to be honest. I think it's more a case of not knowing the facts at the time. As an example, I always thought RP was only available up to 2016.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't believe our memories are that bad to be honest. I think it's more a case of not knowing the facts at the time. As an example, I always thought RP was only available up to 2016.
Did you see my post directly above Cuda for your Oct 2017 input?...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you see my post directly above Cuda for your Oct 2017 input?...
Yeah hey. I just read it, before your last post:confused:. I remember the car too. It was a S2 which i saw at the Holden dream cruise. No idea on what year it was though. As i didn't look under the bonnet. You can blame me for a lazy post. :D

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Back on topic, Will I buy a WN Caprice or a Redline with some losers Money
While you may have some issues causing your lack of written skills, it's unlikely it's causing your narcissistic personality towards other people. You openly write off your son, write off his girlfriend and expect the next "loser" to pay for your car. And while I'm on the topic of your next car, if you are so susceptible to heart attacks, brain bleeds, strokes and paralysed in one arm, have issues with memory and thought process and have compromised motor skills and coordination, how the hell do you still have a license?
Why are you even allowed to be on the road driving, let alone a V8.
gree

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Back on topic, Will I buy a WN Caprice or a Redline with some losers Money
While you may have some issues causing your lack of written skills, it's unlikely it's causing your narcissistic personality towards other people. You openly write off your son, write off his girlfriend and expect the next "loser" to pay for your car. And while I'm on the topic of your next car, if you are so susceptible to heart attacks, brain bleeds, strokes and paralysed in one arm, have issues with memory and thought process and have compromised motor skills and coordination, how the hell do you still have a license?
Why are you even allowed to be on the road driving, let alone a V8.

I agree....that a disabled person thinks the world owes one everything....like driving a Gofer at a 50 Kmh down the footpath....oh I forget one owns a V8.....or being abused in a disabled parking spot when the sign says weekends do not apply....etc.etc.blah.blah.
We do not want a 5 page composition on your disability and your domestic problems....when you could say this and that in a few words with your punctuation and spelling and your disability etc.

Unfortunately for your benefit.... I am 81 years of age....no heart attacks or strokes....no known medical problems...do not drink and still smoke...started at 17 years of age on capstain, arduth, camel unfiltered....now smoke rolfmans…..like this 2 letter paragrapth...this all you had to say....it looks like you are looking for sympathy.
By the way I do not smoke in my cars or home and only hide behind a building in town.....It is like being a Leper.

If one is still driving a V8 under the quotation as above....I will go down to Service NSW and hand my license in...…. in case in 4 million chances to one that we meet.

Last edited: