Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what window tint do u have?!?

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Im currently lookin to get window tint i got a price of $330 down here in wollongong for any % and kinda tint i want so , so just wondering what % people have and different looking tints

cheers james

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
$330 is about what you would expect to pay, to have a shop do it, however ring a few mobile tinters, and you should find it's a lot cheaper..I had mine done for $220, i think it was, but some are as low as $160-180...As far as darkness level, i went for 5%, i would never pay for that 35%legal crap, it's about as useful as flipping down your sun visor..5% is good, pretty dark at night, but you get used to it pretty quick.. If your really keen to go super dark, some places make a 2% tint...

And there's different types of film too obviously, i went for the metal film, but i dont really think it suits, i think the dye based film, suits older cars better, and the metal tint being more suited to a modern car....Anyways that's just my opinion, i'll try and throw up a picture of what my tint looks like..

Attachments

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I've got 17.5%. Can get it for a sedan down here in melbourne for $265 from memory. Personally i think 17.5% is dark enough for most people, 5% is really dark and not needed so much. If you get a layer of 17.5% now and then 5% later it works out to be like 3% tint! I'm thinking about doing that in future. But if your on your P's then definatly dont go 5% unless you want to end up in defect land.

Pics can be found here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...87727-so-my-cars-being-tinted.html#post971320

Actually, that topic is pretty good showing you many different tints. Also, so you know the 15% tint is actually 17.5% but people call it 15% because there is really not much of a difference at all between them to the naked eye.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Don't know what % it is but I've had Tint-a-car's "formula 1" on a couple of commodores and it has a 25 year warranty. Midnight express is the darkest legal that they do but only has 10 year warranty- what the? The bloke showed me the samples and like he said there is stuff all difference between the two but he used f1 on his car. I know my car would be lucky to last 25 years but i suppose f1 is better quality.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I have 5% tint my Commodore,
20% on the wife's Jackaroo
On my van I have 5% rear area and 15% front although the front now has 5%
$200 (commodore) Tempa's Tint but he's in Vic. He has done my last few cars.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
To add to what VYMAD said, Tint Professor offer a lifetime warranty on all vehicle tints [not sure about home tints]. That is for whatever percent and even metallic tints [designed for black cars].